Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

15 hours ago, Danand said:

I think both Stanley and Brown are close to "at all cost". I am still really high on Brown and I think we would be wise to solidify our o line for years now we have the chance.

But what if they really like what they see out of Tyree Phillips? If we can develop a good right tackle it may make Brown expendable.

23 hours ago, Danand said:

I think both Stanley and Brown are close to "at all cost". I am still really high on Brown and I think we would be wise to solidify our oline for years now we have the chance.

I agree 100%. But I have the Ravens letting Brown go because of how we're historically better at finding RT's. But with his deep connection to the franchise, I could see him getting a pay day, too.

Does anyone know why Lamar and Marlon are starting to pop up in that meme with all the middle aged guys wearing glasses?

Here's a newer version I'm seeing, which now includes James Harden & Drew Brees too.

9 hours ago, Letsch80 said:

But what if they really like what they see out of Tyree Phillips? If we can develop a good right tackle it may make Brown expendable.

We could potentially see a player go and be better than Brown (or Stanley if we where so lucky). Its just too much to put on a rookie who has never played a snap, and I haven't seen the coaching staff mention Phillips as a probable successor to Brown at RT.

9 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

I agree 100%. But I have the Ravens letting Brown go because of how we're historically better at finding RT's. But with his deep connection to the franchise, I could see him getting a pay day, too.

Its going to be tricky with Zeus Jr. He made pro-bowl his 2nd year. But I tend to believe its Lamar's elusiveness and our run game that can bail out Zeus' flaws. It depends if other team's view on him. Is it Zeus? Or is it our offense? I can see other team not valuing him as high is his accolades commands and he rather take a little less to stay in Baltimore. 

Stanley is going to be a beast LT wherever he goes. He's going to reset the market and I won't mind. As long as he's still in the purple and black. 

On 17/07/2020 at 3:31 PM, DreamKid said:

Does anyone know why Lamar and Marlon are starting to pop up in that meme with all the middle aged guys wearing glasses?

Here's a newer version I'm seeing, which now includes James Harden & Drew Brees too.

Its a stupid meme created by a section of the left of "Political Twitter" to make fun of Trump supporters, which now apparently includes some athletes who have said or done something that that group must think supports Trump.

Brees is there because of his comments about kneeling (which he's obviously walked back). 

Harden is there because he wore a "Thin Blue Line" mask associated with "Blue Lives Matter" (He's said he didn't know it had another meaning and was only wearing it because it looked cool and covered his beard). 

Lamar is there because he quoted that random tweet Trump sent out a couple of months ago that said Lamar was a good draft pick and added "Truzz Trump".  

IDK what Marlon did to be included, but I assume its got something to do with the Lamar tweet

• Like 4
9 hours ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Went on vacation for a week and came back to find I'm officially no longer BaltimoreTerp. Wild stuff. 

Well at least I like the new name. One of my own/favorite art creations was inspired by Salvador Dali’s painting of his sister by the window. So yeah, I’m digging the play on words with his name at least.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Danand said:

If we have to get all rookies to make the team, it will take either injuries or retirements and D'Anthony Thomas and McSorley losing their spots.

I personally don't see what value Thomas has. He left a lot to be desired in my opinion during his tenure with the Ravens. I think he had like one good game and I wanna say it was against the Rams when everything was a well-oiled machine that game.

25 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

I personally don't see what value Thomas has. He left a lot to be desired in my opinion during his tenure with the Ravens. I think he had like one good game and I wanna say it was against the Rams when everything was a well-oiled machine that game.

I would also give Duvernay, Moore, Proche, Hill the chance to grab the spots at returner.

COVID sucks for a million different reasons, most much more pressing than this, but it really is such a bummer that a key/prime year of Lamar's career, and one where we're primed for a possible championship run, is going to take place without fans, if it takes place at all. And whatever team does muddle through and win things this year is just going to have a million asterisks attached to their accomplishments. 2020 should have been a special season for us and instead we get... this crap. 

• Like 1