Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

4 hours ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

COVID sucks for a million different reasons, most much more pressing than this, but it really is such a bummer that a key/prime year of Lamar's career, and one where we're primed for a possible championship run, is going to take place without fans, if it takes place at all. And whatever team does muddle through and win things this year is just going to have a million asterisks attached to their accomplishments. 2020 should have been a special season for us and instead we get... this crap. 

Gonna be 6 people in the stands and if the Chiefs beat us that one KC troll gonna be like “Mahomes beat Lamar at KC twice and once IN HIS HOUSE” like it was anything but 2 away games and one on a neutral field lol

6 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Gonna be 6 people in the stands and if the Chiefs beat us that one KC troll gonna be like “Mahomes beat Lamar at KC twice and once IN HIS HOUSE” like it was anything but 2 away games and one on a neutral field lol

Home field advantage may be even bigger this year since I am sure travel will be more challenging. I am kind of glad our schedule is front-loaded with home games.

23 hours ago, drd23 said:

FYI everyone, the forum software was updated yesterday to add a couple of new features including a Dark Mode, a bunch of new emojis and GIPHY integration for quick gif posting

This just made me realize FF has been here for over a decade and I've been here for 13 years. Crazy.

On 7/23/2020 at 7:44 AM, SalvadorsDeli said:

And whatever team does muddle through and win things this year is just going to have a million asterisks attached to their accomplishments. 2020 should have been a special season for us and instead we get... this crap. 

I think I'd care more about this if we hadn't already ripped two rings and weren't currently top contenders for our third.

If a team that's never won it all before snuck through and pulled out a SB win, then I could see some fans feeling jaded about the win. At this point I don't think anyone worthwhile is really going ten toes down to talk about the illegitimacy/lack of worth of a possible 2020 Raven's Championship though.

Honestly, winning it all under these circumstances just adds another flavor to our club prestige imo. 

Edited by DreamKid

On 7/23/2020 at 9:08 PM, drd23 said:

FYI everyone, the forum software was updated yesterday to add a couple of new features including a Dark Mode, a bunch of new emojis and GIPHY integration for quick gif posting

*Morpheus voice*

I have dreamed a dream. And now that dream is a reality.

DARKKKKK MOOOOOODDDEEEE!!!

3 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

This just made me realize FF has been here for over a decade and I've been here for 13 years. Crazy.

Yup. Same here. Pretty sure we joined around the same time. I believe I was October- December of 2007. My first semester of freshman year.

Yeah it’s definitely insane. And then I think about how there’s literally guys from all over the world, most who have been a part of the community for a decade as well. It’s all pretty crazy.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Glad we didn't pay that price for Adams.

Adams never made any sense for us to trade for. We have too many players that we need to pay at around the same contract age as Adams and we need those first round picks on rookie deals for when Lamar and co get paid.

The Seahawks' situation is completely different, needing to win with Wilson in his prime and not having upcoming megadeals.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Glad we didn't pay that price for Adams.

Yup. Had we paid something like that I would’ve been sick to my stomach. Couldn’t imagine giving up that value. Even if one of those players were a Hayden Hurst level first rounder, I would be mourning the loss of a potential Marlon Humphrey as the other pick.

4 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Adams never made any sense for us to trade for. We have too many players that we need to pay at around the same contract age as Adams and we need those first round picks on rookie deals for when Lamar and co get paid.

The Seahawks' situation is completely different, needing to win with Wilson in his prime and not having upcoming megadeals.

Agreed and made the same point in the NFL News thread. Though I’d still call it an overpay, they needed more premier talent to take their team to another level. Otherwise they’re the kind of team to just get bounced out of the playoffs year in and year out.

17 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

So out of all the big name trades, which would you guys have been most willing for the Ravens to execute?

Khalil Mack EDGE Age 27 

Jalen Ramsey CB Age 24 

Deforest Buckner DI Age 26

Jamal Adams Safety Age 24

Deforest Buckner given his production, I don't think one 1st round pick is a lot and his age. But in reality, I would've liked Mack obviously, but not at the cost.

On 7/25/2020 at 9:13 PM, diamondbull424 said:

Yup. Had we paid something like that I would’ve been sick to my stomach. Couldn’t imagine giving up that value. Even if one of those players were a Hayden Hurst level first rounder, I would be mourning the loss of a potential Marlon Humphrey as the other pick.

Agreed and made the same point in the NFL News thread. Though I’d still call it an overpay, they needed more premier talent to take their team to another level. Otherwise they’re the kind of team to just get bounced out of the playoffs year in and year out.

If Hayden Hurst is your downside case, your expectations of back-half first rounders are very high (and reasonably so as a Ravens fan)