Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

1 hour ago, sp6488 said:

I don't think we have the assets to make that deal work, given our lack of a seemingly untradable RB contract

My brain has had issues accepting the reality of that Nuk deal. Probably why I forgot to add it to the list....

Still doesn't seem real.

5 hours ago, berlin calling said:

my vote goes to DeAndre Hopkins, thanks.

The way they talk, EDC wasn't tryna come up off them picks. Which is sad if it is true. Can't remember where I seen that quote though. But it did say we were trying to be in the mix.

2 hours ago, berlin calling said:

EDC probably was just too good of a guy to commit highway robbery and take BOBs cojones. 

EDC: "BoB, you're willing to part with DeAndre Hopkins for basically nothing?

BoB: "YEAH WHAT'S THE MATTER?"

EDC: "...I just...I mean...That sounds great, I just don't know if I should."

BoB: "WHAT IF I THROW IN ANOTHER 1ST ROUND PICK?"

EDC: "Look, I just can't do this. You're gonna have to call the Cardinals back and do it with them instead."

7 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Man I love me some Justin Tucker.

His stats are Bonds-esque or like Pedro Martinez as far kickers go. You scan over them and just can’t help but say to yourself, “wtf, this guy should have gotten even more attention in real time when he was doing this ish”

Edited by sp6488

7 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

The way they talk, EDC wasn't tryna come up off them picks. Which is sad if it is true. Can't remember where I seen that quote though. But it did say we were trying to be in the mix.

7 hours ago, berlin calling said:

EDC probably was just too good of a guy to commit highway robbery and take BOBs cojones. 

I’m not sure the asking price wasn’t higher pick-wise, but BoB actually viewed the DJ contract as a sweetener. 

6 hours ago, BareYourTeeth said:

Mark Andrews isn't going to make the top 100 but Darren Waller did. Garbage.

I don't even get it. Like, not at all. Andrews was a better fantasy TE, on a better team, more popular, just flat out BETTER statistically...HOW?!

And no disrespect to Mark Ingram, but how in the world is he at #44?!??

7 hours ago, BareYourTeeth said:

Mark Andrews isn't going to make the top 100 but Darren Waller did. Garbage.

I'm okay with that. Andrews has tremendous chemistry with Lamar, and is very savvy at finding soft spots in the coverage, but I don't see him being a dominant player on other offenses. Waller on the other hand is a beast. 

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I don't even get it. Like, not at all. Andrews was a better fantasy TE, on a better team, more popular, just flat out BETTER statistically...HOW?!

I don't know about that.

Andrews: 64 catches for 852 yards, 10 TDs
Waller: 90 catches for 1145 yards, 3 TDs

Yeah the TDs are a disparity, but Waller crushes Andrews in the other categories. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

I don't know about that.

Yeah the TDs are a disparity, but Waller crushes Andrews in the other categories. 

Yea, not the biggest mistake in that list by a long shot. Waller was really good. It'd call him a better receiving TE than Andrews right now, as Andrews has struggled with drops. 

32 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

I don't know about that.

Waller had 117 targets to 98 for Andrews whose ypc was also higher. So raw yardage would nearly equal out.