Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

On 7/27/2020 at 10:02 PM, sp6488 said:

His stats are Bonds-esque or like Pedro Martinez as far kickers go. You scan over them and just can’t help but say to yourself, “wtf, this guy should have gotten even more attention in real time when he was doing this ish”

It’s because all the attention was going to the Rams and Vikings kickers as rookies, even though Tucker was the better rookie. They just had cooler nicknames... he’s  obviously swept the floor with them since then.

I am watching Devin Duvernay tape. It gives me hope, that we will finally have a screen game.

Either taking advantage og Boykin blocking or Marquise Brown drawing defenders away. I have always envied Steelers and the Saints screen game, being able to churn out 5-7 yards on an easy swing pass

38 minutes ago, Danand said:

I am watching Devin Duvernay tape. It gives me hope, that we will finally have a screen game.

Either taking advantage og Boykin blocking or Marquise Brown drawing defenders away. I have always envied Steelers and the Saints screen game, being able to churn out 5-7 yards on an easy swing pass

In the history of the Ravens regardless of who we have, they can't for the life of them run a screen. I thought Justice Hill was gonna take lunch money on the screen game, but we just didn't do it. Or if we did, it was never effective like the rest of our history.

One of the quickest ways to get information/analysis on players during the season is by searching their names on twitter using the 'Latest' designation, but then you'll occasionally get these dopes who put player names into their actual 'Twitter Name' or whatever you call it. It's annoying AF and clouds up search results. 

This simp is a shining example, and he posts like every other minute. Hopefully he chills out when/if the season starts.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

In the history of the Ravens regardless of who we have, they can't for the life of them run a screen. I thought Justice Hill was gonna take lunch money on the screen game, but we just didn't do it. Or if we did, it was never effective like the rest of our history.

History doesn't look favorably upon our former offensive talents or coaches in charge on that side of the ball. In short, it all kind of sucked for the most part. I don't look at the lack of a consistent screen game as some unique failing. Just another wound caused by systemic issues.

Also a lot of Ray Rice's usage in the passing game could be counted as/was screen work, and we saw a good amount of success/impact with that.

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

History doesn't look favorably upon our former offensive talents or coaches in charge on that side of the ball. In short, it all kind of sucked for the most part. I don't look at the lack of a consistent screen game as some unique failing. Just another wound caused by systemic issues.

Also a lot of Ray Rice's usage in the passing game could be counted as/was screen work, and we saw a good amount of success/impact with that.

I don't recall Ray Rice on many designed screens. It was mostly "just" the defense being stretched out, which left some room to run after catching dump off passes

8 minutes ago, Danand said:

I don't recall Ray Rice on many designed screens. It was mostly "just" the defense being stretched out, which left some room to run after catching dump off passes

I think there was a fair amount designed in the classical sense, and imo many of those dump off pass targets were decided in Joe's head or by the OC pre snap. Especially when our WR core was really bad. There was never any actual intent to get the ball elsewhere in many cases. All of that served as our defacto 'screen game' during the Flacco/Rice era, and it had it's successes. As getting the ball to playmakers in space often does.

11 hours ago, DreamKid said:

I think there was a fair amount designed in the classical sense, and imo many of those dump off pass targets were decided in Joe's head or by the OC pre snap. Especially when our WR core was really bad. There was never any actual intent to get the ball elsewhere in many cases. All of that served as our defacto 'screen game' during the Flacco/Rice era, and it had it's successes. As getting the ball to playmakers in space often does.

How dare you call Derrick Mason, Mark Clayton and... (checks up old rosters), well, I actually think that was it. Who was the 3rd wide receiver in 2007-2008 seasons? Yamon Figurs, Terrance Copper?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Danand said:

How dare you call Derrick Mason, Mark Clayton and... (checks up old rosters), well, I actually think that was it. Who was the 3rd wide receiver in 2007-2008 seasons? Yamon Figurs, Terrance Copper?

Don't you dare disrespect Demetrius Williams