Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

OBJ is a documented CUCK (On video asking his boy to smash a chick in front of him). Which makes him one of the most pathetic creatures on earth. Don't know why he isn't more roundly mocked for that. He's also clearly desperate to change the way people perceive him- thus the extra personality, cringe styling(Blond hair, Boy George earrings), and constant antics. Must carry around a ton of insecurities, which is why you see him have these meltdowns when things don't go his way or he's clamped up. Can't stand when he's made to look lesser. Just folds. He's also one of the NFL's biggest hype jobs because of a couple viral catches. Who consistently fails to make good. Which is why he isn't talked about with the likes of Hopkins, Jones, Thomas, etc. He's just not at that level.

The Browns will fail again, and so will OBJ. That's what they do. And he doesn't want any part of Marlon... we all know that. The 2020 defense will carry more edge than last year's too. Tavon is a pitbull out there. DeShon Elliot who will start at SS in some sub packages is a monstrous hitter with multiple KOs under his belt. As for new additions- Patrick Queen is twitched up out of his mind. And we know Malik Harrison is a hammer. Playing games with the 2020 unit won't end well.

Don't forget the DL they've added... Campbell, Madubuike, Wolfe all bring an additional edge to the D

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

Don't forget the DL they've added... Campbell, Madubuike, Wolfe all bring an additional edge to the D

Definitely. I can't wait to see all the guys in action. So happy to hear Madubuike is already flashing too.

If you get 2 TDs down against our team, that's essentially game over. You aren't clawing back into it with our CBs and Wink's new toys on defense. 

4 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

I legit love the trash talk here. 😂 

Feels like when Dave Chappelle was cracking on Eddie Murphy in the Nutty Professor. I wasn’t ready.

Yo I just watched that movie again the other night 😂

Edited by BareYourTeeth
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

Hope you're just taking about the college, cause our team is loaded with them.

Gators players that is :)

Its this weird thing, where I have a bad feeling about them transitioning to the NFL. It was a feeling even before we drafted Matt Elam. 

If anyone wants to immediately feel better, remember we fielded a Top #3 DVOA Defense in 2018 with Eric Weddle & Tony Jefferson as our starting safeties...... 

Having an Elite CB room can cover up for and protect trash players. Luckily we still retain that in 2020.

FS: Elliot/Smith           SS: Clark🟢/Elliot/Stone

CB: Humphrey/Smith   NCB: Young                                                                                                                   CB: Peters

MB: Clark🟢/Levine

ILB: Queen/Fort/Harrison/Alaka 

Base-    RUSH LB: McPhee/Ferguson     3T: Wolfe/Madubuike  NT: Williams/Ellis  5T: Campbell/Washington    SAM LB: Judon/Bowser

4 Man-  EDGE: Campbell/Judon/Bowser/McPhee/Ferguson   DI/IPR: Campbell/Madubuike/Wolfe/McPhee

There'll be growing pains I'm sure. Heavy Rookie presence at LB, and upheaval at Safety. This 2020 unit will still be scary though.                                                       

8 hours ago, DreamKid said:

I saw someone float the question on twitter and I'm curious too. Does Marlon claim #29 back now? Number never should've left him looking back on it. He didn't even end up taxing Earl's brother loving azz either.

I hope not. 20s typically make for better corner numbers, but I've always felt 29 to be the ugliest 20s number. I much prefer 44 over 29, the number symmetry and the fact that the stronger numbers feels like it’s worthy of Humphrey’s physical play. That’s JMO though.

I never understood the number fascination. Is it because there are certain traditions/players tied to certain numbers?

I see a lot already putting Geno Stone at strong safety, and I don't know if it is because people see him as a box safety.

In my opinion, looking at Stone I see a cover 2 safety with great eye discipline and ability to come up and make the tackle. Angles are decent but there are some speed and athleticisim thats not up to par with other safety talents. I do see what he does well as something which can translate to play the free safety position, but not as a true centerfielder.

I was already very interested in how DeShon Elliot looked this year, but now Geno Stone is a very interesting option as well.

7 hours ago, Danand said:

I never understood the number fascination. Is it because there are certain traditions/players tied to certain numbers?

I can’t speak for everyone, but for me and people I knew I think it was a few things. Some guys just always have numbers that they’ve always had and it’s somewhere of a superstition kind of thing. If you dominate in a number you don’t want to get rid of it and do worse.

Another thing is that only in more well off schools do players have their names on jerseys, otherwise you give your jerseys back (unless the team is deciding to buy new jerseys) for the following season. So you want to get “your” jersey back. Your jersey also becomes your identity. Since you don’t have a name on your jersey, your number is how people recognize you when they come to games. If they know your number, they know you from afar.

24 had always been my jersey number in football and basketball when I could help it. Then I moved from safety to LB and I was forced to wear a new number so I went double 24 with 48. Or in basketball summer league with less jerseys (and thus no numbers past 15) I went half of 24 down to 12. 

Some guys had jerseys always worn by their parents, brother, or cousin. So some guys wanted to honor that. Especially in some neighborhoods if that person was dead it was all you had left of them. It was an identity you could share with a loved one that passed away. 48 was my number but also my cousins number that passed away, so it became something more to me when I had to make the switch to that number. It was both tied to my cousin and to 24.

I guess it’s all just humans finding significance in insignificant things, kind of like a person who names their car.

• Like 1