Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

15 hours ago, DreamKid said:

If anyone wants to immediately feel better, remember we fielded a Top #3 DVOA Defense in 2018 with Eric Weddle & Tony Jefferson as our starting safeties...... 

Hmmm..., I wonder if Weddle is in still in shape after retiring in Feb. He could be a backup safety/coach. 

Now that this sort of language is coming out, and other teams are saying similar things, I’ll echo something I said when the schedule came out that IMO puts us at a legit competitive disadvantage:

It is very likely we will play all 3 of our division rivals and the Chiefs without fans in our stadium because all of those games take place before week 8. But it is looking more and more likely we will be playing all our division rivals and New England at their place WITH actual fans in the stands...all 3 of our road division games, and New England, are after week 8.

That is a legit difference and I noticed it as soon as the schedule came out. 

The only “big” home games we’re looking at potentially having fans in our place for are Ten and Dal.

Nothing like spotting your division rivals and main competitor in the AFC the advantage of actually having a home field advantage 😒

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

Now that this sort of language is coming out, and other teams are saying similar things, I’ll echo something I said when the schedule came out that IMO puts us at a legit competitive disadvantage:

It is very likely we will play all 3 of our division rivals and the Chiefs without fans in our stadium because all of those games take place before week 8. But it is looking more and more likely we will be playing all our division rivals and New England at their place WITH actual fans in the stands...all 3 of our road division games, and New England, are after week 8.

That is a legit difference and I noticed it as soon as the schedule came out. 

The only “big” home games we’re looking at potentially having fans in our place for are Ten and Dal.

Nothing like spotting your division rivals and main competitor in the AFC the advantage of actually having a home field advantage 😒

Might not matter. If COVID-19 forces a shutdown of the league similar to the NBA, I’m sure it could benefit us from at least getting the home field advantage aspect of playing in our stadium to start. We’ve been able to practice there and sort of get used to the field and such. So if the season only makes it 6 weeks and is postponed and then they come back with a bubble strategy (perhaps a separate AFC and NFC bubble or multiple bubbles)... then it could benefit us to have at least gotten a slight advantage at the beginning of the season.

Though like you said if the season goes all the way, it will be less in our favor, schedule wise.

This isn't really a problem in our forum, but just want to remind everyone here to try and stay out of the political discussions that are popping up. Webby seems to be be going extra hard in quelling them lately. A lot of people posting in the NBA section just got bans or warnings. It's not worth it, and you don't want to have a strike(s) against you when those chippy late season games with rivals come around. Which have been known to bring out the dog in some our members.

Let's try to keep the family intact throughout this already tumultuous 2020 Season.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DreamKid said:

This isn't really a problem in our forum, but just want to remind everyone here to try and stay out of the political discussions that are popping up. Webby seems to be be going extra hard in quelling them lately. A lot of people posting in the NBA section just got bans or warnings. It's not worth it, and you don't want to have a strike(s) against you when those chippy late season games with rivals come around. Which have been known to bring out the dog in some our members.

Let's try to keep the family intact throughout this already tumultuous 2020 Season.

So we are not even going to talk about the Denmark & US intelligence scandal? Its pretty big in Denmark

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

I reserve my strikes for when we play the Steelers or Browns. Some of their posters are a few sandwiches short of a picnic. Geeks 😂

Edited by baltimoreRebel
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Come on @Danand everyone knows...

Monday Night Raw Sport GIF by WWE

I thought we all did, but the top of the military intelligence agency has been suspended after their unauthorized collaboration with the NSA.

Apparently they let the NSA tap into some cables which made them able to extract too much personal data on danes and everyone else, as well as surveying the political left wings that had been on guard regarding the intelligence agency due to suspicion about misusing resources for personal benefits.

12 hours ago, Danand said:

I thought we all did, but the top of the military intelligence agency has been suspended after their unauthorized collaboration with the NSA.

Apparently they let the NSA tap into some cables which made them able to extract too much personal data on danes and everyone else, as well as surveying the political left wings that had been on guard regarding the intelligence agency due to suspicion about misusing resources for personal benefits.

Yeah, I read the article on it. I was just joking and sarcastically making light of it to acknowledge your comment while still attempting to move on as it’s a topic we look to avoid on the forum.

It’s real world serious and not football serious and such things typically lead to heated arguments as opposed to heated debates... and arguments on this forum typically leads to the death knell.

edit: which is to say it’s a topic worthy of dropping, similar to what @DreamKid was referring to regarding what’s getting people banned in the basketball forum; real world serious.

Edited by diamondbull424