Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

Last I heard Crockett was yoked to the max as a body builder or something. If he's healthy and hasn't lost a step, I'm all for adding him as our third TE. Was never a question of talent with the dude, just a litany of injuries that did him in. I remember at one point he was playing so well the whole forum was looking at him as our TE of the future. 

I can't believe the season is starting next week. Usually the preseason games get me worked up, but now it's just gonna start like BOOM!

I was also thinking, does the fact that Harbaugh's Ravens are utterly dominant in the preseason suggest that we will start the year off hot? We are so much better than every other team for the past several preseasons. The last preseason game we lost was 2015 😂

Something tells me Harbaugh knows how to get his guys primed and ready to rock better than the other teams. 

Is @paraven ever going to become a regular poster again?

I get he didn't like the Lamar pick. Obviously though, he's already eaten plenty of crow. Why not come back and enjoy what should be a fun season? I don't think I've ever seen a situation where a fan lessens their level of engagement with a sports club because they've acquired a superstar player lol....

Don't think he's banned/suspended. And I hope it's not because he feels ostracized or anything. Look, the poorly reasoned Lamar hate was somewhat annoying but it's not like anyone is going to harass him should he return. It'd just be nice to have some of the old faces back around, and any new members if they're lurking. 

10 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Is @paraven ever going to become a regular poster again?

I get he didn't like the Lamar pick. Obviously though, he's already eaten plenty of crow. Why not come back and enjoy what should be a fun season? I don't think I've ever seen a situation where a fan lessens their level of engagement with a sports club because they've acquired a superstar player lol....

Don't think he's banned/suspended. And I hope it's not because he feels ostracized or anything. Look, the poorly reasoned Lamar hate was somewhat annoying but it's not like anyone is going to harass him should he return. It'd just be nice to have some of the old faces back around, and any new members if they're lurking. 

To be fair, it was a deep whole he dug himself in to in that Lamar banter. Its a tough climb but I guess people have come back from worse.

We go at it at times, then everything cools down, and people forget and move on. Should be possible in this scenario as well.

Debate forums like this are under siege from social media though. I think many migrate to twitter/Facebook, and I do believe Reddit also takes a bunch of posters as well. I can understand it when DMB for example pulls out one of his longer posts with various points that backs up his opinion/statement - that takes a lot longer to break down if you want to argue. Then it is easier to make your point on 240 letters on twitter :)

2 minutes ago, Danand said:

To be fair, it was a deep whole he dug himself in to in that Lamar banter. Its a tough climb but I guess people have come back from worse.

We go at it at times, then everything cools down, and people forget and move on. Should be possible in this scenario as well.

Yea, the forum is all about wacky opinions, wacky takes, and occasionally wacky arguments. It's all just dumb football talk lol. Even in the most serious situations(Where people get banned, suspended, etc), it ends up blowing over. I mean there was essentially a "DeCosta Sucks" thread in NFL Gen, started by one of our members, a little bit ago... No amount of silliness is out of bounds for this gang. BTW Shout out to those who remember the famous "Ozzie Sucks" thread from like 14 years ago on the old forum site.

Our forum will have it's debates now and then, but honestly we're one of the most harmonious sections on the site. Some of the other team subs on FF are out and out toxic. I like our group here and don't want anyone to think there's some "opinion beef" they can't come back from. I did end up putting PA on my ignore list when the Lamar stuff got silly, but he was just a regular poster before that. Not some hyper dedicated troll or anything. I don't see why he couldn't go back to a normalized existence on here.

11 hours ago, DreamKid said:

BTW Shout out to those who remember the famous "Ozzie Sucks" thread from like 14 years ago on the old forum site.

I remember it but can’t remember where it was located. I know there have been a couple, I’m guessing the other was in NFL Gen, the only one I could find was this one from this new forum:

Interesting didn’t realize these two threads shared a common creater. Wouldn’t have expected that.

Oh cool. We’re gonna do hoe **** like that now? I’m confident if I want to kill an hour or two digging through this forum I can find some real gems. 

Anyway I stand by that. Ozzie was great at selecting players but Ravens player Ravens price and the strategy of hoarding compensatory picks became outdated with the salary cap explosion and rollover.