Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

3 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

I remember it but can’t remember where it was located. I know there have been a couple, I’m guessing the other was in NFL Gen, the only one I could find was this one from this new forum

It was a long long time ago. Like 2007 or 2006 maybe? Not worth digging up, but I remember it being constantly referenced by Raven fans. Similar to how people are always calling back to VanS threads now in the current forum.

50 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Oh cool. We’re gonna do hoe **** like that now? I’m confident if I want to kill an hour or two digging through this forum I can find some real gems. 

I don't think he's attacking you DTMB. DB doesn't do stuff like that. Simply noticed you created two similar threads. There's nothing wrong with you voicing your opinion about Ozzie or EDC. As two of the most respected and valued GMs of their respective times, you'll get some push back- obviously. Doesn't mean you shouldn't air out your thoughts though. The forum would be more boring if people didn't go ten toes down on some unpopular opinions. 

I remember going on rants about how DeAndre Hopkins was a guaranteed bust in the old forum, just thinking about them cringes me out 😬...

40 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Nvm. Ban my account please 

Don't know what you typed pre edit, but please don't get yourself banned...

1 hour ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Oh cool. We’re gonna do hoe **** like that now? I’m confident if I want to kill an hour or two digging through this forum I can find some real gems. 

Anyway I stand by that. Ozzie was great at selecting players but Ravens player Ravens price and the strategy of hoarding compensatory picks became outdated with the salary cap explosion and rollover.

Sheesh. I wasn’t trying to actively disrespect or even disagree with you by bringing it up.

If I had been, I would’ve actually done so. I don’t pitter patter. If I’m questioning someone’s opinion I do it overtly and it’s usually going to consist of a mini-dissertation against whatever that take is and why I believe it to be incorrect.

The point was that I literally spent like 2 hours trying to actively find the “Ozzie sucks” thread on the old forum. All I could come up with was your old thread here.

I just found it interesting that you had both threads, as you’ve typically been all in on Ozzie over the years. So the new thread made sense conceptually, the old one did not. That’s as much as I took from that.

edit: And just FYI if it makes you feel better I hindsight cringed at some of my old takes and just how IN I was with former Louisville QB, Brian Brohm and equally found it interesting that it would be the more recent Louisville QB, Lamar Jackson, that became the best QB in franchise history.

edit2: And @DontTazeMeBro when I say the old one didn’t make sense I mean conceptually. Like what I know of your opinions. Kind of like how I KNOW that @Danand is always going to fantasize about creating a nice wall of butts on that OL. (😂) So if he had a thread that said, “OL is the worst position to draft” It wouldn’t make sense as to who I know him to be.

Edited by diamondbull424

35 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

It was a long long time ago. Like 2007 or 2006 maybe? Not worth digging up, but I remember it being constantly referenced by Raven fans. Similar to how people are always calling back to VanS threads now in the current forum.

Got you. I want to find it. Because I remember it. It was like the Lamar thread from last year where all the Browns fans were going in on him. At least, that’s what I recall. It’s got to be NFL Gen. I searched all our old threads from around that time and came up with nothing... though I probably could’ve been a bit more vigilant in my search.

I never realized it at the time, as when we updated to this version I hated this version, but that old forum is so much more difficult to navigate. Have to go one page at a time and you can’t just search the forum. Kind of annoying. But it did feel pretty good seeing the mod status to my account. 😂

13 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Did we do one last year? Don’t remember. I suppose it’s not necessarily too late.

Don't think we've done one for a stretch. It was floated before the 2018 season IIRC, and some of us put out feelers but no one was really interested.

Not even having one suggested for 2020 makes sense, I guess. Covid mess and all that comes with it, plus member engagement is currently pretty low too. Even an 8 man league would probably be pushing it.

2 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Don't think we've done one for a stretch. It was floated before the 2018 season IIRC, and some of us put out feelers but no one was really interested.

Not even having one suggested for 2020 makes sense, I guess. Covid mess and all that comes with it, plus member engagement is currently pretty low too. Even an 8 man league would probably be pushing it.

True that. 

9 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Sheesh. I wasn’t trying to actively disrespect or even disagree with you by bringing it up.

If I had been, I would’ve actually done so. I don’t pitter patter. If I’m questioning someone’s opinion I do it overtly and it’s usually going to consist of a mini-dissertation against whatever that take is and why I believe it to be incorrect.

The point was that I literally spent like 2 hours trying to actively find the “Ozzie sucks” thread on the old forum. All I could come up with was your old thread here.

I just found it interesting that you had both threads, as you’ve typically been all in on Ozzie over the years. So the new thread made sense conceptually, the old one did not. That’s as much as I took from that.

edit: And just FYI if it makes you feel better I hindsight cringed at some of my old takes and just how IN I was with former Louisville QB, Brian Brohm and equally found it interesting that it would be the more recent Louisville QB, Lamar Jackson, that became the best QB in franchise history.

edit2: And @DontTazeMeBro when I say the old one didn’t make sense I mean conceptually. Like what I know of your opinions. Kind of like how I KNOW that @Danand is always going to fantasize about creating a nice wall of butts on that OL. (😂) So if he had a thread that said, “OL is the worst position to draft” It wouldn’t make sense as to who I know him to be.

Our oline needs more beef. There could be more LBS on it, I am certain :)

I am going to die on the hill that Flacco was an underestimated quarterback, and oline is more important than any other position except QB.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Danand said:

Our oline needs more beef. There could be more LBS on it, I am certain :)

I am going to die on the hill that Flacco was an underestimated quarterback, and oline is more important than any other position except QB.

Well all know that Joseph Vincent Flacco is the Greatest QB of all-time. That's all I came here to say. 

Hopefully, my mans Lamar is next. icon_lol.gif

1 hour ago, M.10.E said:

Unless Marlon is feeling generous, this is probably where he will end up.

LOL of course it's the Rams resetting the market. Bills are winners here. They paid White 17m per for a better CB. 

I'm hoping Marlon knows we have some guys to pay and takes something like 19 but if the number is 21m. Then... Fresh Prince Shrug GIF by MOODMAN