Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

16 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Yea IDK. Maybe because he's a former Steeler?.. And there's no possible way he could contribute to another team if they didn't find a place for him 🤪

Regardless, Fort was one of our best players on Sunday. 

Going to start a series of NFL previews where I just make exclamations about rostered players (vets specifically) playing their listed positions

• Like 1

Our schedule is obscenely easy this year. We're at the toughest 2 game stretch we'll see all season imo, Texans-Chiefs. If for some reason we really are undefeated come Week 13, and then go on to beat the Cowboys. There will 100% be talks of us nabbing a perfect 16-0 regular season. So prepare yourselves for that craziness. 

Just how big our hype train will get though, should all depend on our Week 3 tilt with the Chiefs. Finally beat them during the Mahomes era and the flood gates will be open.

In the AFC we have one true challenger(Chiefs), and about 4 nuisance teams(Titans, Steelers, Texans, Bills). Could call the Patriots a wildcard too, but they really didn't look all that good. It's early, but the table looks to be set for us once again. This team is too talented to not make good in the playoffs this time around. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

Our schedule is obscenely easy this year. We're at the toughest 2 game stretch we'll see all season imo, Texans-Chiefs. If for some reason we really are undefeated come Week 13, and then go on to beat the Cowboys. There will 100% be talks of us nabbing a perfect 16-0 regular season. So prepare yourselves for that craziness. 

Just how big our hype train will get though, should all depend on our Week 3 tilt with the Chiefs. Finally beat them during the Mahomes era and the flood gates will be open.

In the AFC we have one true challenger(Chiefs), and about 4 nuisance teams(Titans, Steelers, Texans, Bills). Could call the Patriots a wildcard too, but they really didn't look all that good. It's early, but the table looks to be set for us once again. This team is too talented to not make good in the playoffs this time around. 

It will all depend on how the OL develops over the course of the next few weeks. We’re not beating Kansas City if they play how they played against the Browns. Not unless our defense is absolutely elite. I won’t get too upset as the OL is the unit hardest hit by no preseason games. If they can improve to something closer to last seasons level than we can certainly do it, considering Lamar’s development and the RB talent at our disposal.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

It will all depend on how the OL develops over the course of the next few weeks. We’re not beating Kansas City if they play how they played against the Browns. Not unless our defense is absolutely elite. I won’t get too upset as the OL is the unit hardest hit by no preseason games. If they can improve to something closer to last seasons level than we can certainly do it, considering Lamar’s development and the RB talent at our disposal.

If our offensive line is not gelling, the game vs WAS in week 4 might be tougher than expected. Their D-line looked great vs PHI. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

If our offensive line is not gelling, the game vs WAS in week 4 might be tougher than expected. Their D-line looked great vs PHI. 

Agreed. They definitely have plenty of edge threats to throw out there. I mean when a stud like Ryan Kerrigan can come off the bench in the rotation, you know the unit is something to behold. Add in the 1st round IDL talent like Payne and Allen who bring pass rushing and run stopping ability and that’s a unit for sure.

I think the game against the Texans will also end up being a good test to look at whether our OL was as bad as they looked or if the Cleveland Browns DL is as good as it looked... perhaps a little bit of both. Washington certainly possesses similarities to the Browns unit though in the athleticism of its DL. They also probably have better LBs and S as well.

On a positive note, I’m not feeling particularly threatened by their run game. We seem to historically (past few years) do a better job of slowing down trap/gap MBS than we do the stretch ZBS types. Throw in our secondary and even if the offense struggles I like our chances just based on that and the lack of playmakers not named Terry to throw to.

41 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

The main reason i became a fan of this team. Great defense. 

Now that they are underway to becoming an offense behemoth they still smother their opponents. ❤️

Yup. I miss the days of the defense going years before giving up their first 100 yd rusher and it being such an awesome streak. 😆

Oh well, Lamar and the offense gives me a similar feeling I got from watching Ray Lewis destroy people while Ed Reed picked their pockets. Such an exciting time.

With Gase a dead man walking now and Joe Douglas' record as GM there already, feel like it's pretty much guaranteed we're not as lucky as we were this past offseason in terms of keeping our coordinators. Would be shocked if it's someone other than Roman or Wink who gets the Jets job. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli