Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

16 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

I prefer the all black as well, but they typically don't go to that until mid-later year recently unfortunately.

Here's to hoping though.

And I doubt Pittsburgh will be wearing their away jerseys at Heinz on Thanksgiving so in all likelihood we wont be able to wear the blacks then : ( 

Tbf we typically don’t have games quite this big early on in the season. KC is a Monday night game in front of a national audience and is a known conference contender and a burgeoning rivalry forming. It’s the closest thing to Manning/Brady that the NFL has had since Manning/Brady.

I don’t disagree with your logic, I just think the scenarios in the past don’t properly align with what we’re seeing this week... if that makes sense. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Tbf we typically don’t have games quite this big early on in the season. KC is a Monday night game in front of a national audience and is a known conference contender and a burgeoning rivalry forming. It’s the closest thing to Manning/Brady that the NFL has had since Manning/Brady.

I don’t disagree with your logic, I just think the scenarios in the past don’t properly align with what we’re seeing this week... if that makes sense. 

True, but I would’ve thought we’d run the all-blacks for SNF last year against an undefeated Patriots team, honoring Ed Reed at half...but they wore the white bottoms for that one seemingly because it was only week 7ish IIRC. 

Then later in the season they wear the all blacks for.....The New York Jets.

🥴

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

I prefer the all black as well, but they typically don't go to that until mid-later year recently unfortunately.

Here's to hoping though.

And I doubt Pittsburgh will be wearing their away jerseys at Heinz on Thanksgiving so in all likelihood we wont be able to wear the blacks then : ( 

Completely forgot the thanksgiving genius at Heinz. Dang. 

Edited by baltimoreRebel

27 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

This might be the most cringeworthy movie trailer I’ve ever seen. Especially when he comes out and says, “you’ve made it through Halloween, now see if you can survive Christmas.” Or whatever cringe line he said there. I’m sure this is a cult classic though. The type of movie many enjoy while “under the influence”. 😂😂😂

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 1

Despite the "Anthony Averett will be fine/played well" analysis from videos, I still see the same thing we have seen from him in limited time. More often than not a step too late to interfere with the pass, or tripping over his own feet. 

He seems like a hard worker with great physical tools, but just hasn't been able to put it together.

6 hours ago, drd23 said:

Quite conceptually weird to see that these guys are related. I mean both have freakish athletic tools, but just in my head a dude at 6’8” 350/360 and a guy like Averrett who might be 200 lbs soak and wet just don’t fit.

Yet I know they do... as I have a second cousin who stands 6’11” while I’m only 5’9”... so I know it makes sense. But conceptually it just doesn’t seem to go together.  

• Like 1