Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

Random. But just looking over the PFF metrics as to where the Ravens players rank offensively and defensively... and there’s no way this squad should be 4-1 with a defense in particular that’s top 3 in DVOA.

lol I know. Like almost all of their grades are terrible for us this year. 🤣

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DreamKid said:

lol I know. Like almost all of their grades are terrible for us this year. 🤣

Yup. Like how can they even justify those scores? Or are they simply saying that our guys aren’t even playing up to their potential and yet they’re sleep walking through the NFL with the highest point differential in the league.

Because if so I can’t wait to see what this squad looks like when Patrick Queen isn’t rated a 39, but rather an 75+ or what Tyus Bowser, Brandon Williams, and Deshon Elliot look like in that 70+ range as well from their 40 and 50 ratings.

Our defense would truly be something to behold at that point. Would have to be one of the greatest in league history if they can all make the massive improvements PFF shows they can make, plus the guys playing at stud (read: DPOY) type levels like Marlon can still make quality improvements.

So it's just an honor system for reporting this kind of stuff? Has to be, cause what other option is there?

There will 100% be players who don't report such contact. There will also 100% be targeted anonymous source reports used to impose this 5 day window on the opposition at some point too- if Bill Belichick has anything to say about that is. You know that ghoul is cooking something up 😅.

• Like 1

absolutely agree. just thought i'd add that nugget to the discussion here.

As i said elsewhere, defense remains king in BMore and i didn't expect that with how well Lamar established himself last year. Was expecting the team to switch to an offense centered identity. 

D wins championships though i won't complain.

O as it stands today is good for 20+ points a game easily so combined with a high potent defense EDC does what should be expected, maximise the efforts while you can afford it due to your QB playing on a rookie contract.

Apparently there's a Brian Poole trade rumor saga popping on twitter, which means nothing- but with DeCosta we can't rule anything out. Sounds like he's a really good SCB, so I'd guess we'd be bringing him in to replace Tavon short term. 🤷‍♂️

I'm all about CBs, so Poole(haha, get it?)  the trigger if you're feeling it EDC.