Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

After seeing the Bucs barely able to put away the Giants, and the Packers be beaten pretty convincingly by the Vikings, can Ravens fans please step back from the ledge with the hot takes. We had our win streak last year (for all the good it did us).

The Colts game is a great opportunity to bounce back against a solid opponent.

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy
  • Like 1

I don't know what the "hot takes" are, but I have seen the usual "Lamar and the offense is figured out" "Ravens can't win close games" "Ravens can't win from behind" "Ravens can't win against good opponents" etc.

We outproduced the steelers by a lot this game. We know the turnovers killed us. It was the same with the Rams Dolphins game. The offense is not figured out, but Lamar and the Ravens as any other team has it tendencies and its bread and butter. If that don't work, we have to play more off script, which is more difficult - same thing applies to other teams.

We can win close games, and against good opponents. We did beat several playoff teams last year. Winning on that last drive - I would have liked to see it a couple of times to really believe it, and I still think we need a signature win where we come from way behind to win the game - just to prove we can and get the monkey off the back. 

We have a good overall team, which means we will rarely be in situations where we are down by several scores, and when it has been the case, it has been against good teams, which again makes it difficult to make the comeback rather than if we played the Falcons this season for instance.

We should expect a step back from Lamar, but I am concerned about his progression to be a more comfortable passer. I see too many wide open players missed and this season our passing game has just not got going.

Missing Yanda has been a big part of that, and now we are essentially down 3 starters on the offensive line with Skura coming off injury - don't know when we can expect him to be himself again or if he already is. I have heard a couple of podcasts where they note, that the Ravens oline is actually not very good. For all the criticism of Lamar, I think we have a vague idea but not the complete picture of how much the oline relies on him making plays in pass protection.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

Thoughts? Thats alarming and if true Roman should get the Cameron treatment imo.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/11/lamar-jackson-claims-defenses-are-calling-out-ravens-plays/

When he elaborated it sounded more like teams were just saying "run!" or "watch out for this", and I mean, it's obvious isn't it? We put Nick Boyle + Ricard on the field and it's 1st down, what do you think we're doing? lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Danand said:

Orlando Brown should not have the hideous tradename OBJ connected to him. He is Orlandro Brown Jr. or Zeus.

Any connection to the diva WR should be deleted

*Michael Jordan shrug gif*

Edited by M.10.E

3 hours ago, Danand said:

OBJR then? Or Obelix or something.

Olines rarely do have nicknames or "moves" attached to their name? Maybe except for Yanda - the GOAT

I like the locker room nickname they’ve given him, “Big Drip.” I’m going with that one.

4 hours ago, M.10.E said:

So 1 player will be out this week. Hopefully not Lamar, OBJ or Fluker.

I’ve been trying to think who it could be for them to not be in contact with any other player and have contact tracing. Doubtful that it’s Lamar because he’s in the huddle. I’m thinking it could be a special teams player. Hopefully it’s not Justin Tucker. You’d think his “tracing” with other players would be near nil. Maybe they’re waiting to announce until it’s confirmed and not just a false positive?

47 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I like the locker room nickname they’ve given him, “Big Drip.” I’m going with that one.

I’ve been trying to think who it could be for them to not be in contact with any other player and have contact tracing. Doubtful that it’s Lamar because he’s in the huddle. I’m thinking it could be a special teams player. Hopefully it’s not Justin Tucker. You’d think his “tracing” with other players would be near nil. Maybe they’re waiting to announce until it’s confirmed and not just a false positive?

An injured player like Averett or Phillips.

• Like 2