Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

Of all my hypothetical trade acquisitions, I wanted Quinnen Williams the most 😒. The trade rumors surrounding him this year just teased me more too.

He's now up to 7 Sacks on the season. Pairing him with Campbell & Williams short term, then Madubuike long term would've been unreal.

If the Jets had just traded him to us then maybe they'd still be first in line for Trevor Lawrence. Serves them right. 

1 hour ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Y'all... 

Judon made the pro bowl! 🤣😂

I’d be willing to bet that Judon was a unanimous selection for the TEs across the league. 

Glad he made it though and not Yannick. We now don’t have to worry about giving up the higher pick next season, just in case we’re not able to resign him for the long run.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RavensfanRD said:

Who the fu-- vote for the Pro bowl? Also, what drugs are they taking? The hell? I mean, good for him, but... huh? lol

The same fans you see on Twitter that constantly defend him

I'm pretty sure this place being so consistently not in his favour is unusual for Ravens discussions online

6 hours ago, drd23 said:

The same fans you see on Twitter that constantly defend him

I'm pretty sure this place being so consistently not in his favour is unusual for Ravens discussions online

This will be my #1 defense when I’m told I’m a Ravens homer, I’ll say, “No, I’m not. I didn’t vote for Judon for the PB” 😂

Even though, I will say, Judon’s ability to finish “easy opportunity” attempts is certainly superior to what I’ve noticed from Bowser and Ngakoue, but that’s about it. If Judon is willing to take under $10m, I think I’d want him back, but especially after making another PB, he’s as good as gone.

• Like 1

So having just realized that the Steelers lost to the Bengals yesterday, that bodes very well for us and our playoff push. While some will look at it like “The Steelers aren’t a good team”, I don’t. The Steelers are a team that plays to the level of their competition. They’re also better as underdog units, like our squad is as well.

So when I look at how they’ve looked like trash over the last few weeks, do we REALLY think the Steelers are simply going to roll over and limp into the playoffs after having lost 5 games straight? Because I don’t.

I think we now find ourselves in a situation where the Steelers will go from complacent to having a fire lit under their collective bottoms. What’s more losing both games sets up a scenario where they lose the AFCN title and a home playoff game. So that sets up a scenario where I think they kick into playoff mode as early as this week and will be looking to close out the regular season as strong as they possibly can for playoff momentum.

I think we could very well now see two wins in a row from the Steelers, which bodes well for us, as they play the two teams that we have tie breakers over. The Colts will of course be fighting for their playoff lives though, so I think the Steelers could still lose that game, but against the Browns... I doubt they’ll be resting starters now. It’ll be a game for the division crown.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

So having just realized that the Steelers lost to the Bengals yesterday, that bodes very well for us and our playoff push. While some will look at it like “The Steelers aren’t a good team”, I don’t. The Steelers are a team that plays to the level of their competition. They’re also better as underdog units, like our squad is as well.

So when I look at how they’ve looked like trash over the last few weeks, do we REALLY think the Steelers are simply going to roll over and limp into the playoffs after having lost 5 games straight? Because I don’t.

I think we now find ourselves in a situation where the Steelers will go from complacent to having a fire lit under their collective bottoms. What’s more losing both games sets up a scenario where they lose the AFCN title and a home playoff game. So that sets up a scenario where I think they kick into playoff mode as early as this week and will be looking to close out the regular season as strong as they possibly can for playoff momentum.

I think we could very well now see two wins in a row from the Steelers, which bodes well for us, as they play the two teams that we have tie breakers over. The Colts will of course be fighting for their playoff lives though, so I think the Steelers could still lose that game, but against the Browns... I doubt they’ll be resting starters now. It’ll be a game for the division crown.

I really do.

It's clear Ben can't complete passes that aren't more than 5 yards downfield.

Their defense is banged up beyond belief.

They can't run the ball.

And they're about to play 2 pretty hot and rolling teams in the Colts and Browns

8 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

I really do.

It's clear Ben can't complete passes that aren't more than 5 yards downfield.

Their defense is banged up beyond belief.

They can't run the ball.

And they're about to play 2 pretty hot and rolling teams in the Colts and Browns

I mean, every team in the NFL is ‘hot’ while they’re on a winning streak... and then when they lose they’re no longer hot. Their team is banged up, but they still have the talent to compete with the Browns. The Bengals was a classic trap game where I’m sure they felt they could coast through and found themselves within a dog fight that they were ill prepared for mentally... similar to when they played RG3/McSorely.

If the Colts blow them out, that’d change my tune, but unless one believes that Tomlin is a terrible coach, there’s no way I can see the Steelers dropping 5 games straight, that would be as much about terrible coaching as anything else, because even considering all the things you mentioned, the Steelers have enough talent to compete and win both games... and I’m not a believer in him being a terrible coach.

51 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I honestly think the Raiders are going to beat the Dolphins on Saturday and we'll be able to stop our worrying but yes last night was awesome in many ways lol.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I mean, every team in the NFL is ‘hot’ while they’re on a winning streak... and then when they lose they’re no longer hot. Their team is banged up, but they still have the talent to compete with the Browns. The Bengals was a classic trap game where I’m sure they felt they could coast through and found themselves within a dog fight that they were ill prepared for mentally... similar to when they played RG3/McSorely.

If the Colts blow them out, that’d change my tune, but unless one believes that Tomlin is a terrible coach, there’s no way I can see the Steelers dropping 5 games straight, that would be as much about terrible coaching as anything else, because even considering all the things you mentioned, the Steelers have enough talent to compete and win both games... and I’m not a believer in him being a terrible coach.

I've been leading the "he's terribly overrated as a coach" charge for years now, unfortunately haha.

Hopefully for our sake you're right!

Edited by Ray Reed
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Glad he made it though and not Yannick. We now don’t have to worry about giving up the higher pick next season, just in case we’re not able to resign him for the long run.

This is a funny article on the ramifications of his Pro Bowl exclusion for the Vikings. I had no idea Jags fans started this campaign-

7 hours ago, DreamKid said:

This is a funny article on the ramifications of his Pro Bowl exclusion for the Vikings. I had no idea Jags fans started this campaign-

Yeah I knew about that foolish crusade and I’m glad Yannick decided to save his best game for AFTER the probowl voting. I was worried that we would have to give up more because of some dumb reddit fan; alas all things are right with the world... well, will be right once the Browns drop their final two games and miss the playoffs... a team with a negative point differential has no business making the playoffs IMO. So that’s the final step in the football universe correcting itself, I think.

• Like 1

Anybody else find that .6% figure INCREDIBLY low? Like, comically low? This FPI metric is hot garbage lol.

They're really suggesting that this scenario:

Colts beat Steelers + Jags
Browns beat Jets + Steelers
Dolphins beat Raiders + a resting Bills team
Ravens beat Giants + Bengals

....is only .6% likely to happen?

Is ESPN high?

3 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Anybody else find that .6% figure INCREDIBLY low? Like, comically low? This FPI metric is hot garbage lol.

They're really suggesting that this scenario:

Colts beat Steelers + Jags
Browns beat Jets + Steelers
Dolphins beat Raiders + a resting Bills team
Ravens beat Giants + Bengals

....is only .6% likely to happen?

Is ESPN high?

The numbers aren't obviously or wildly wrong. It's going to be an order of 1/100 event based on probability. But as a fan of the Ravens that path "feels" so believable.