Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

2 hours ago, drd23 said:

Brie Larson wasn't exactly an unknown when she had her cameo in Community

Maybe. I never watched United States of Tara, but I’m not seeing much on her acting resume that screamed anything substantial. Everything was bit roles in this movie or that movie.

What was she known for prior?

edit: And on this same note, this is probably what NFL GMs are talking about as they wait for Matt Judon to come down on his price demands. 😂

Edited by diamondbull424

2 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Maybe. I never watched United States of Tara, but I’m not seeing much on her acting resume that screamed anything substantial. Everything was bit roles in this movie or that movie.

What was she known for prior?

I was going to say United States of Tara given she was a central cast member in a show that got a fair bit of critical love/awards recognition, but I just saw it was a Showtime show which I guess limited its reach (it was shown on our equivalent of what I imagine would be a blend of PBS and ABC)

Also, despite the fact her character was a high school kid, she was actually 20 when it first started (thanks in part to the time honoured tradition of teenagers not actually being cast in teenage roles) so it wasn't necessarily creepy to notice her 😅

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Lol if it was us acting like the Bills have at the end of this game we'd never hear the end of it. 

Excited to hear about the incredible 'competitive spirit' of Josh Allen and them Bills though. 

What are they doing?

I'm only following it on the tracker.

1 minute ago, DreamKid said:

What are they doing?

I'm only following it on the tracker.

Just acting like sore losers. Allen took a dumb sack and threw a football at a Chiefs players' head starting off a little scrum where Bills players tried to land a couple of more blows. Also tried to take some cheap shots on defense after the play was over on the drive after. 

1 minute ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Just acting like sore losers. Allen took a dumb sack and threw a football at a Chiefs players' head starting off a little scrum where Bills players tried to land a couple of more blows. Also tried to take some cheap shots on defense after the play was over on the drive after. 

Oh. Wonder if they'll embrace that identity going forward? Their fanbase would probably love it tbh.

The "We're tired of getting pushed around, and when we do lose we'll make it a lot dirtier/messier than it has to be" mantra or something.

1 hour ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

TBF the Chiefs had been taking cheap shots all game.  Chris Jones got away with punching someone for some reason

• Like 1

Yup. And I get why Allen threw the football. That sack would’ve been called roughing the passer for a QB like Mahomes or Brady. The refs had already blown the play dead and then the Chiefs defender threw Allen to the ground anyway. I thought that was a dirty and unnecessary play. Made sense for him to be frustrated. I thought the refs should’ve handed the defender a penalty for being the inciting incident. That throw down came like a legit second or two after the whistle was blown after Allen had already given up because of the whistle.

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 1