Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

This was an excellent interview between Shannon and Ozzie. Obviously it’s long, but if one has the time and the interest, check it out; key highlights being 2000 SB run, how good was that defense, diversity in the NFL, black history, former owner Art Modell, what the team looks for in scouting talent, what is Ozzie doing now, and their seems to be also some under the table shade thrown at Chris McAlister if I’m watching the 40 minute mark correctly.

Obviously as one quickly reads from the context this takes place in-season at some point.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Really happy for Ryan Jensen. Big fav of mine since he was the only one that went over to get some after Kiko Alonso put that hit on Joe.

Beautiful watching that KC team get stomped. I'm beyond happy with the result.

34 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Really happy for Ryan Jensen. Big fav of mine since he was the only one that went over to get some after Kiko Alonso put that hit on Joe.

Yea, I'm definitely on Ryan Jensen's side. Loved seeming him help combust the Cheifs' defense's control.

8 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

It's the pass-rush. That's where it starts and ends. 

Sure, but there is also more. The Chiefs have been a pretty bad red zone team all year. Maybe I'll pull up the numbers later, but there is something there.

Double Kelce and Hill. Take away the big play. We'll see it a lot more next year from teams that play them. We were not ready for the screen game on our game against them, but they won't necessarily have a new counter we can't handle when we matchup next year. Our team got better and better against the screen as teams tested us. Early season, it's tough.

Edited by wackywabbit
7 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Sure, but there is also more. The Chiefs have been a pretty bad red zone team all year. Maybe I'll pull up the numbers later, but there is something there.

Double Kelce and Hill. Take away the big play. We'll see it a lot more next year from teams that play them. We were not ready for the screen game on our game against them, but they won't necessarily have a new counter we can't handle when we matchup next year. Our team got better and better against the screen as teams tested us. Early season, it's tough.

3 minutes ago, RavensDefense3 said:

our pass rush probably gona get worse next season if anything and it wasn't terrible in the first place. that is not the answer for us

I'm not saying this isn't the way to beat that offense, just that the pass-rush (of the non-blitzing kind) needs to be in attendance for that to actually work. Baltimore needs more work in that department. 

24 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

It's... interesting... how hard it is for people to just admit Mahomes had a bad game tonight. 

No those plays where he ran 15 yards backwards just show how hard he was working. No part of their loss falls on his shoulders. 🙄.

16 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

I'm not saying this isn't the way to beat that offense, just that the pass-rush (of the non-blitzing kind) needs to be in attendance for that to actually work. Baltimore needs more work in that department. 

Resign Yanny and McPhee, then draft some middle round EDGE pieces? Best shot at a legit 4 Man rush to pair with our high end coverage unit?

Yanny- Calais- Year 2 Madubuike- + Rookie

Is that the strategy to roll with? Or go even further and press for the Quinnen Williams trade I don't shut up about?

Mahomes was garbage tonight and I'm so sick of people saying he wasn't. He was missing throws when he wasn't pressured, he didn't complete a single 3rd down pass all night until like late in the 4th quarter. He chucked SEVERAL passes up that he had no business doing and was lucky those didn't get picked as well.

Like, I get it, OL issues blah blah blah but I'm just sitting here imagining how badly Lamar would be getting roasted if he played like that and threw those passes, but when Mahomes chucks it up into coverage while getting spun down it's "magical" or some garbage.

• Like 2

Meh. The KC OL was trash and couldn’t afford him time to throw... and thus KC couldn’t activate with the deep ball. I didn’t watch the entire game because I had no intention of seeing Brady win another ring. I watched just enough to make sure my prediction would come true, which was the TB team was stacked with the greatest receiving core in NFL history and that the Bucs would blow the Chiefs out because of their DL being an absurd mismatch against a downtrodden Chiefs OL that Mahomes propped up all season long with elongated drop backs because his pocket wasn’t clean.

SMH. This loss will just make the Chiefs stronger, they will bring back OL and add OL through the draft and Mahomes will comeback with a vengeance next season to win the MVP.

Was really hoping they won the SB so they would be a little more lax next season. Oh well. Still think had the Steelers handled the Browns and we got the Chiefs, we would’ve beaten them with this squad when they were at their lowest moment.

Though, I don’t think our OL would’ve held up against the Bucs either, so we probably would’ve also gotten beat by at least 2 scores.

Edited by diamondbull424