Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

To be honest I think the only reason Ferguson makes the roster is due to the other departures the team will likely have this offseason. He's been bad. Really bad. And I don't think he has the athletic profile to attach any upside to. He might be better off putting some weight on and moving to the line. 

• Like 5

The Ravens not trading a Pro Bowl Tackle and them trading back in the draft, aren't what I'd call 'Bold Predictions'.  We see similarly faux bold predications like this every offseason. It's always funny. I mean out of our last four drafts, we've traded back from our 1st Round Pick in two of them. In 2018 we even traded back twice, first from Pick 16 and then down from 22 to 25. 

- Gus Edwards finishes 2021 with more rushing yards than Dobbins

- Broderick Washington has more sacks than any other DI on the Ravens

- Bradley Bozeman makes the Pro Bowl

- Marquise Brown and Mark Andrews both top 1k Rec Yards

^^^Those are what I would consider BOLD predications(This isn't me actually making them either 😄, just offering some examples). And even the Brown/Andrews one isn't all that bold.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2021 at 9:11 PM, coordinator0 said:

To be honest I think the only reason Ferguson makes the roster is due to the other departures the team will likely have this offseason. He's been bad. Really bad. And I don't think he has the athletic profile to attach any upside to. He might be better off putting some weight on and moving to the line. 

Between Wink pounding the table for Ferguson two years ago and then Harbaugh fist bumping to the moon over bringing Duvernay in to return kicks and run 3 jet sweeps it has not been a good couple of years for 'coaching staff picks.' 

2 hours ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Between Wink pounding the table for Ferguson two years ago and then Harbaugh fist bumping to the moon over bringing Duvernay in to return kicks and run 3 jet sweeps it has not been a good couple of years for 'coaching staff picks.' 

Ferguson has been disappointing but I still have faith in Duvernay. If nothing else, his hands are decent which is way more than I can say for a lot of other receiver picks from this team. 

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm probably one of the few out there that thinks this way, and maybe it's just because I'm a fan of a team like the Ravens- but I really want some Preseason games this year. 

I always love getting extended looks at the Rookies and back of the roster type players who don't/won't see a gang of playing time come the regular season. So many name players have ascended for us through strong preseason performances, or at least forced themselves onto the roster.

The value of those games in general for our young guys is high. Whatever it is, even if they're going up against future D level celebrity car salesman, it's still worthwhile experience.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to stick with just the 20 prospects game this year. If someone else would like to do the three rounds one go on ahead. After the confusion last year I think I'll let someone else take care of that. 🤣 If it does happen I do think some rules changes or clarifications need to happen though. A little too much is open to interpretation.

@drd23 @diamondbull424 

53 minutes ago, drd23 said:

EDC is insulted by you @SalvadorsDeli :P

Insulting is having Dez Bryant and Seth Roberts playing meaningful snaps in late season/playoff games when the rest of the NFL wouldn't put them on a roster.

But really, this kind of statement by a GM one week before the draft is the kind of thing that hints at a major move at WR more than anything.

• Like 1

I think it's just him trying to stick up for his players but I think he went a little too far considering it should be an undeniable fact that the WR group the Ravens have had over the last year or two has been in the bottom 2 or 3 league wide

18 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

But really, this kind of statement by a GM one week before the draft is the kind of thing that hints at a major move at WR more than anything.

Harb's statement sounds more like "business as usual" though

1 hour ago, wackywabbit said:

You think it's poorly veiled smoke? Could be. 

DeCosta was very deliberate in throwing out a ton of names at WR during the Senior Bowl, specifically for fans to look at. So why would he then denigrate or feel insulted by fans bringing those same names up as options for us in the draft? Signals to me that we shouldn't really pay the comments any mind.