Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

21 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

The new narrative popping up that the Ravens should trade Lamar Jackson can frig right off ASAP

I heard that idiotic take from Bucky Brooks. He said they should trade up for Justin Fields to replace Lamar. Trading an MVP quarterback at 24 years old for a complete unknown in the NFL has to be one of the dumber takes I've heard in a while. I think these analysts are getting draft coverage fatigue 😆

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RayLew52 said:

I think these analysts are getting draft coverage fatigue 😆

That, and hot takes that get people talking are part of what keep "analysts" in the business (which is slowly dying because of it, but that's a conversation for another day).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

Bucky Brooks is terrible and always has been. He's just a personality. 

He implied that Joe Flacco was a racist during the 'Transition to Lamar' era, because Bucky didn't remember any stories about Joe helping out Tyrod Taylor during his time here. Not kidding. 

Dude is definitely awful.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Vegas currently has us as the betting favorite to land Julio Jones. 

I love Julio Jones, I think he's one of the best WR in the league (still). I just don't know if it's a fit in Baltimore? He's big money and he's on the wrong side of 30.

Does he really fix a problem? 

He fixes a problem, sure, but he creates another one, which is how to manage his cap hit. Not to mention he's already 32 and oft-injured.

It's a pipe dream that we land him. The richest deal we offered for a FA WR was freakin JuJu, that should tell you everything you need to know about where we are cap wise with this.

1 hour ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Vegas currently has us as the betting favorite to land Julio Jones. 

I love Julio Jones, I think he's one of the best WR in the league (still). I just don't know if it's a fit in Baltimore? He's big money and he's on the wrong side of 30.

Does he really fix a problem? 

Yeah that's definitely not happening. It flies in the face of everything the Ravens stand for in their team building approach.

• Like 1

I'd give it a solid 30% chance of us getting Julio happening. Cap space isn't a real thing. They care about comp picks, they aren't afraid to spend on a traded player. He's a fit, and getting great receivers on the tail of their career fits the Ravens MO. It's really more what the trade compensation would have to be, and its hard to pin that down. I doubt they want to move another 2nd (in 2022) to get him. I'd love to see him on the team though.

For something like a 3rd and 5th in 2022, I'd do it.

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

I'd give it a solid 30% chance of us getting Julio happening. Cap space isn't a real thing. They care about comp picks, they aren't afraid to spend on a traded player. He's a fit, and getting great receivers on the tail of their career fits the Ravens MO. It's really more what the trade compensation would have to be, and its hard to pin that down. I doubt they want to move another 2nd (in 2022) to get him. I'd love to see him on the team though.

Not sure that's what EDC wants to do, though. With Watkins in the fold already, I really just don't see it. 

16 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Agreed. Sammy Watkins isn’t of the caliber that if we can obtain Julio Jones for a quality price, we should abstain because the position group is set.

We have a window right now and should look to add as much proven talent for Lamar as possible. Particularly talent with the large frame that would best fit his style.

We could then move Hollywood into the slot where he could use more of the field to get open and/or keep Watkins on a snap count by having Hollywood man the boundary. It would also ideally force Roman to develop a more complete and quality passing attack. The WR depth would be completely solidified as well.