Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

22 hours ago, Letsch80 said:

Yeah that's definitely not happening. It flies in the face of everything the Ravens stand for in their team building approach.

Trading for Julio would probably be the closest analogue to the move for Boldin a decade ago. It seems like we had more of an 'all-in' approach back then I suppose given everyone understood Ray and Ed were on their last legs but I don't see a move for Julio as being counter to the org's general MO - but it is contingent on EDC deciding to go for it in the short-term. But after getting burned on the Earl Thomas and Ngakoue deals i think he is taking a more conservative approach though so I don't expect any move for Julio. 

1 minute ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Trading for Julio would probably be the closest analogue to the move for Boldin a decade ago. It seems like we had more of an 'all-in' approach back then I suppose given everyone understood Ray and Ed were on their last legs but I don't see a move for Julio as being counter to the org's general MO - but it is contingent on EDC deciding to go for it in the short-term. But after getting burned on the Earl Thomas and Ngakoue deals i think he is taking a more conservative approach though so I don't expect any move for Julio. 

I understand that the Ravens like bringing in veteran receivers but did Anquan carry a 15 million dollar cap hit when he came on board? Don't get me wrong I would love to see Julio in purple but if it means sacrificing future draft capital and it puts us in a financial bind I would say we should pass. However I trust that EDC will make the right decision for this team.

12 hours ago, Letsch80 said:

I understand that the Ravens like bringing in veteran receivers but did Anquan carry a 15 million dollar cap hit when he came on board? Don't get me wrong I would love to see Julio in purple but if it means sacrificing future draft capital and it puts us in a financial bind I would say we should pass. However I trust that EDC will make the right decision for this team.

We traded for Boldin in the uncapped year of 2010, but in 2011 he counted for 6.25% of the team’s overall cap hit. Comparatively Julio would account for 8.38% of the 2021 cap hit and assuming the cap goes up to roughly $200m next season than about only 5.75% of our team cap hit in year two, granted he’d be 33 and there’s no way to know how many more top notch seasons his body has left in him.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Giving out Flacco's digit is so wack. 

That's... that's pretty bold for Hollywood Brown. I was his biggest supporter pre/post draft. Hopefully he earns it. To his credit, he does have being elite in the postseason down.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Giving out Flacco's digit is so wack. 

I'm fine with it. Number excluding/retiring is really only reserved for All-Time GOAT types imo. Also it could viewed as more disrespectful if it was another QB, but Hollywood is wideout. Let's hope it gives him good luck and he balls out next season.

Plus #5 deserves to be worn by someone who balls out in the playoffs, which is what Marquise Brown has done for us in recent years. 

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

To his credit, he does have being elite in the postseason down.

Just now, DreamKid said:

Plus #5 deserves to be worn by someone who balls out in the playoffs, which is what Marquise Brown has done for us in recent years. 

Great minds or something. 😵

• Like 2

It doesn’t seem at all that logical considering we have a veteran in Watkins, Lamar’s best friend in Hollywood, 1st round pick Rashod Bateman, consistently top 100 ranked Tylan Wallace, and last years 3rd round pick Devin Duvernay.

However we’re still in the rumor mill. Considering we just brought him in, it would be unlikely we trade Watkins.

So considering the assets we have and the WR depth we have, would anyone be willing to trade either Hollywood Brown or Rashod Bateman to the Falcons for Julio if the deal was straight up player for player?

• Like 1