Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

47 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

So considering the assets we have and the WR depth we have, would anyone be willing to trade either Hollywood Brown or Rashod Bateman to the Falcons for Julio if the deal was straight up player for player?

Wouldn't even consider it.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

It doesn’t seem at all that logical considering we have a veteran in Watkins, Lamar’s best friend in Hollywood, 1st round pick Rashod Bateman, consistently top 100 ranked Tylan Wallace, and last years 3rd round pick Devin Duvernay.

However we’re still in the rumor mill. Considering we just brought him in, it would be unlikely we trade Watkins.

So considering the assets we have and the WR depth we have, would anyone be willing to trade either Hollywood Brown or Rashod Bateman to the Falcons for Julio if the deal was straight up player for player?

No. 

It is kind of weird though. If you were to evaluate on value, Hollywood has used 2 years of his rookie contract and we have evidence that basically eliminates the possibility he has elite #1 potential. So his trade value is probably late 2nd like somewhere around Hayden Hurst value when we traded him. Which I think isn't too far off from what I'd consider moving for Julio. Although without the burning need at the position, I may only seriously offer 3rd round value.

But looking at the player, age, skillset with elite speed, and the connection with Lamar it doesn't seem like a viable move at all.

Edited by wackywabbit

I wouldn’t make the trade either, however if Hollywood wasn’t Lamar’s BFF, I’d make the deal in a heartbeat. We’re going to have to pay Brown a decent bit here pretty soon (or watch him walk) and I’d be okay with trading away another two cheap years away for the upgrade that Julio would provide for hopefully another 2 years.

But disrupting that relationship for the sake of a gamble like Julio’s age? That’s a tough bet to make. So I’d just stay pat considering all the dynamics. Though from purely making the football team better perspective and going all in, I’d absolutely make the move.

It sort of sucks that we were able not sign Sammy Watkins now, else adding Julio would be the absolutely perfect fit, along with Hollywood and Bateman out there with Wallace as primary depth.

To me it comes down to whether u think Hollywood Brown has a long term future with the Ravens.. If u do no way we trade him.. but if you don’t.. it then boils down to What additional compensation do you think it would take to acquire Julio Jones IMO... There is no question that a healthy Julio Jones improves our roster exponentially even at the expense of Hollywood.. But it’s also key to remember he wouldn’t be a long term solution so mortgaging our future wouldn’t be smart not only because of his age but his checkered injury history as well.. All that being said if it’s Hollywood and a second I’d be cool with it... it’s crazy though because we would give Atlanta one of the most talented young receiving cores in the league.. and just think we coulda drafted Ridley ourself.. only thing is we wouldn’t have JK though.. so there’s that 

• Like 1

Just now, diamondbull424 said:

What does this even mean? Like he got into a bar fight or something? 😆 

I'm guessing it's the classic 'celebrity goes overboard with teeth whitening' thing, but I wasn't invested enough to actually find out. Just thought it was funny that it was a big OTA Day 1 takeaway for them lol.