Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

22 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

AR-308299748.jpg?MaxW=600

DeShon is my pick for "Player who will have 2021 tweet(s) deemed non-ideal" 😂.

I think the FO would've given the award/title to Judon last year for his "I have photos of Jamison Hensley at the strip club" tweet saga. 

Also on the subject of the "Joker", check this out-

^^^I expect this to become a key issue during the 2021 'online too much' Ravens-Browns troll war across various social media platforms. 

I like Matt Judon and didn’t see those joke tweets of his as a big deal, but a large part of me is happy he’s gone so i don’t have to engage with the faction of the fan base that despised him...

Also yeah Deshon goes with Joker but I do see the claim the Browns are trying to make. It all comes down to who balls out harder on the field 

17 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

I like Matt Judon and didn’t see those joke tweets of his as a big deal, but a large part of me is happy he’s gone so i don’t have to engage with the faction of the fan base that despised him...

I don't think anyone really despised Judon. He was a 5th Round pick that turned into a good defensive weapon and valuable comp pick. Pretty hard to despise that. 

Fans obviously didn't like his recurring bonehead penalties or how he fell on the hype vs impact scale, off the field he was also a suspected media leak who went out of his way to antagonize the fanbase at times. Other than that though I don't see any abnormal amount of hate coming his way. He didn't get near the abuse someone like Tony Jefferson did. Tony struggled on the field but was essentially a perfect person/teammate/representative off it- and there were fans who celebrated his injury. 

Also I purposely didn't label Judon's tweets as 'bad' or 'wrong' because I don't think they were. They were in fact just jokes. Problem is, no FO around the league wants those kinds of jokes or the headlines of the articles that follow them. Which is why I said "non-ideal" instead. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Remember when the NFL drug their feet about punishing Deshaun Watson regarding 22 different sexual assault cases but suspended Jimmy Smith 4 games in 2018 because he cussed out his ex gf over text during a custody battle?

Yea, what exactly is the punishment going to be here? In the 'just' and 'ally to women' NFL. Jimmy gets 4 games for texts, so does Watson get suspended for 10 seasons or something?... No, of course that won't happen. It's all BS. 

I used to think that if Mike Vick or Rothlesberger did what they did during our current era, that they wouldn't be able to live as comfortably as they do or be welcomed back into the sports celebrity fold. Now with this Watson thing, I'm not so sure. He'll probably just stroll back into the league, get slapped with a silly suspension, and go on like nothing happened. You'll get an article from a female sports blogger/writer every now and then(probably around a big game of his), it'll get like 80K likes and retweets from people on twitter feigning allegiance to some moral standard for social media clout/acceptance- but that's it. 

The Steelers should just cough up the picks for him honestly. They need a QB and clearly don't care about having an abuser behind center. 

• Like 1