Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

This new side feed feature on FF is hilarious. I've caught so many posts about the Ravens in the corner of my eye while scrolling lately 😂. Those Raider fans have started early on the 'analysis' and boy oh boy are they confident. Probably the most confident fanbase ahead of an upcoming game during the Lamar era that I can remember.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DreamKid said:

This new side feed feature on FF is hilarious. I've caught so many posts about the Ravens in the corner of my eye while scrolling lately 😂. Those Raider fans have started early on the 'analysis' and boy oh boy are they confident. Probably the most confident fanbase ahead of an upcoming game during the Lamar era that I can remember.

John Harbaugh season opener.
Lamar Jackson MNF with doubters.
Fancy stadium built for gladiators.
Warm weather.
Fans to amp the vibe.

If they’re confident of anything, it should be to get a head-start on preparing an ice bath, they’re definitely going to be sore after this merciless beat down. 😎 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Not sure if anyone is discussing this, but it's heavily rumored that Lamar got vaccinated. If true, that relieves a lot of stress going into this season and also makes me have to change my fantasy team name.

This wouldn't surprise me, he didn't seem ideologically committed to the anti-vax position. 

I was not going to fuss about it unless he remained unvaccinated going into the playoffs. Even if he still is unvaccinated, I could deal with it during the regular season but would be going insane knowing he might miss a playoff game because of it. 

i always thought the main interest for the NFL to have a franchise in LV would be the hordes of tourists going there and filling the stadium rather than a big local fan base.

No expert obviously and no idea how the Golden Knights are doing but is anybody really expecting the crowd to be mostly Raiders fans thus them actually having somewhat of a home field advantage? I'd expect a lot of purple and neutral fans attending so to me the expectation of an enthusiastic home crowd favouring the Raiders seems rather optimistic.

4 hours ago, berlin calling said:

i always thought the main interest for the NFL to have a franchise in LV would be the hordes of tourists going there and filling the stadium rather than a big local fan base.

No expert obviously and no idea how the Golden Knights are doing but is anybody really expecting the crowd to be mostly Raiders fans thus them actually having somewhat of a home field advantage? I'd expect a lot of purple and neutral fans attending so to me the expectation of an enthusiastic home crowd favouring the Raiders seems rather optimistic.

I was pissed that they ended up making it week one and MNF. Was really excited to make a Vegas trip when I knew we’d be playing there (the general announcement). Apparently pricing has been coming down recently. 

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I mean, so? He wasn't a huge part of our offense last year (until later on in the year) and we can produce with Lamar at QB with virtually anyone at RB.

Yea I'm not getting the doomsday talk. It sucks to lose Dobbins but folks are acting like we didn't pop for 3K Rushing yards in 2019 when he wasn't here..

Honestly, I'd much rather lose Dobbins for the season than Hollywood or Andrews. Those two help open up all phases for us and change the dynamic of the offense. Whereas JK simply raises the ceiling of the run game. 

• Like 4

22 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Yea I'm not getting the doomsday talk. It sucks to lose Dobbins but folks are acting like we didn't pop for 3K Rushing yards in 2019 when he wasn't here..

Honestly, I'd much rather lose Dobbins for the season than Hollywood or Andrews. Those two help open up all phases for us and change the dynamic of the offense. Whereas JK simply raises the ceiling of the run game. 

On 9/4/2021 at 10:54 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I mean, so? He wasn't a huge part of our offense last year (until later on in the year) and we can produce with Lamar at QB with virtually anyone at RB.

Yeah the only thing losing Dobbins has me concerned about is the possibility of no longer getting the 3k rushing 3peat… but considering the extra game, even that’s unlikely.

Since Lamar took over after the bye week in 2018 the Ravens rushing attack has averaged 219.85 yds/game. Considering they’d only need to now average 176.5 yds/game to eclipse 3k that’s as good a bet as any for them to hit.

I agree that losing Hollywood and Andrews would be the bigger impacts offensively over Dobbins. I’d say they’re both more valuable skill positions options over Dobbins.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Losing Dobbins doesn’t destroy us in September. It probably will after Gus Edwards has gotten banged on for a few months. 

Yea. If we don't boot a couple 1st Round picks for Saquon Barkley we probably won't manage 5 wins this season.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Yea. If we don't boot a couple 1st Round picks for Saquon Barkley we probably won't manage 5 wins this season.

How far do you think we can go if we don’t get someone by the trade deadline? Because I thought we were trying to win a Super Bowl here. And if you think we can do that with what we have now plus one of the available free agents you’re lying to yourself.