Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

5 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Are you just now starting it? That show's been around forever but it's so, so good. They had Suggs as a guest appearance once season.

I hit the first couple seasons years ago, but now I'm doing a full watch through. Definitely some funny stuff in there. 

• Like 2

So this isn’t necessarily Ravens related for this season, but I have to say I certainly feel validated about wanting Jadeveon Clowney on the Ravens last season. Especially in lieu of Matt Judon.

His success with the Browns partnered with the way we’ve been utilizing Oweh, who has a similar (albeit somehow more athletic) skill set to Clowney and in a role that I mentioned would have been smart to place Clowney within where he could thrive.

Now I understand that Clowney was injured last season and thus that could’ve been a reason for a dud with us, but injuries in football aren’t things that are guaranteed to happen or not happen. Plus had we signed him in place of Judon he would’ve had more time to ramp up then last season (which might’ve contributed to his injury woes?)

I still feel that Clowney within our defense would’ve amped up our run defense and pass rush to a degree we didn’t have last season. In a similar vein to how Oweh is doing this season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Not gonna lie i’m enjoying the dumpster fire down in Jax ever since their fans came in here and popped off at the mouth during that whole OBJ trade saga lol

They've been a joke and will continue to be a joke. They're a poverty franchise and an embarrassment to the NFL as a whole. A select few of their posters embody that. Kanye West Shrug GIF

• Like 2

12 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

So this isn’t necessarily Ravens related for this season, but I have to say I certainly feel validated about wanting Jadeveon Clowney on the Ravens last season. Especially in lieu of Matt Judon.

His success with the Browns partnered with the way we’ve been utilizing Oweh, who has a similar (albeit somehow more athletic) skill set to Clowney and in a role that I mentioned would have been smart to place Clowney within where he could thrive.

Now I understand that Clowney was injured last season and thus that could’ve been a reason for a dud with us, but injuries in football aren’t things that are guaranteed to happen or not happen. Plus had we signed him in place of Judon he would’ve had more time to ramp up then last season (which might’ve contributed to his injury woes?)

I still feel that Clowney within our defense would’ve amped up our run defense and pass rush to a degree we didn’t have last season. In a similar vein to how Oweh is doing this season.

I don't think Clowney could give us what Judon did as a SAM.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sp6488 said:

I don't think Clowney could give us what Judon did as a SAM.

Bowser could’ve played SAM last season and based on his 2021 results would’ve looked just as good as Judon looked. Remember Judon was utter trash to start and then was mediocre for most the season and then stepped up some towards the end of the season.

Place Bowser at SAM and Clowney at RUSH. OR insert Bowser at SAM on 3rd downs, while Clowney converts over to RUSH in lieu of McPhee. Then just keep rotating Clowney with Ferguson so as to keep him healthy and fresh.

I think our defense would’ve looked better than with Judon. If it would’ve looked good enough we avoid the Yannick trade and potentially come away from the 2021 draft with:
1. Rashod Bateman
1. Odafe Oweh
2. Creed Humphrey
3. OT depth?

Though I suppose the universe might just as easily have us trade for Yannick, which I still feel would’ve resulted in a better defensive fit for Yannick in such a situation where he can be utilized similar to Justin Houston this year, but with a stronger run defense (Clowney and McPhee on early downs with Williams/Campbell would’ve been serious) could’ve led to more 3rd and long situations so that he could actually be a valuable chess piece that saw impact snaps.

But anyways I’m now diving too deep into this hypothetical scenario. I suppose changing history might’ve led to us not getting our dirty mitts on a dynamo like future DROY Odafe Oweh.

27 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Bowser could’ve played SAM last season and based on his 2021 results would’ve looked just as good as Judon looked. Remember Judon was utter trash to start and then was mediocre for most the season and then stepped up some towards the end of the season.

Don't need to go two far down this rabbit hole, but Wink really seemed to like being able to put two SAM-capable players on the field at once in Judon and Bowser.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, M.10.E said:

Matt Judon. Pretty pretty good. 

He’s super solid, our fans are just spoiled haha.  

also Clowney wishes he could hold Judon’s jock lol. Guy was a bust and lives off one tackle he had in college. Judon was a late rounder and had to earn everything he’s done in the league. 

The hate on Judon is so unfounded. He was a dawg for us for years 

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy
  • Like 2