Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

These types of plays were made in 2019 because Lamar trusted his OL.

They’re not being made in 2021 because he doesn’t. 

It’s pretty simple in my mind. OL is more important for a guy like Lamar than weapons. Needs to be focus #1, 2 and 3 this offseason.

• Like 1

This is a great example of an unfunny observation followed up by even worse replies. Witless cringe from everyone you've ever walked away from at a party. Also isn't Chris Long supposed to be a big 'ra ra my fellow athletes' activist guy, interesting that he saw potential humor(by his own definitions anyway) in an extensive injury report. F*ck him.

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

This is a great example of an unfunny observation followed up by even worse replies. Witless cringe from everyone you've ever walked away from at a party. Also isn't Chris Long supposed to be a big 'ra ra my fellow athletes' activist guy, interesting that he saw potential humor(by his own definitions anyway) in an extensive injury report. F*ck him.

What exactly is upsetting you about what he said here? lol

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

What exactly is upsetting you about what he said here? lol

1. That he's trying to bridge a joke off our injuries(which have been devastating this year), and inviting more dopes in the comments to do the same.

2. Knowing if one of our players did the same thing with an injury report of a more popular franchise(Cowboys, Steelers, etc) that they would catch a bunch of sh*t for it.

I know I'm quicker on the op trigger than most in here, and a lot of people probably see it as an innocuous comment, but I'm not with it. He's getting away with it because he's not an active player, whereas if Jarvis Landry put that out all of the Ravens fanbase would be up in arms because they'd correctly perceive it as barbed. To me, it's still barbed regardless. I don't care about his status, and that's the only thing blurring the lines for some folks. He has no connection to this franchise and if anything played with teams we have soft rivalries with. Never going to support or tolerate outsiders making light of our players' injuries. Most of those guys on that list didn't grow up rich like Chris, they don't have daddy's money to fall back on. Easier to poke fun at a list of injuries when you don't view the reality of an injury the same way the players on the list do. To some of the guys on that list a setback can ultimately mean getting phased out of the league, to Chris a setback would mean potentially having less bragging rights at the Long family mansion(s) over Thanksgiving and Christmas. Maybe someone should compile a list of his little brother's injuries? See if that looks like the back of a band t-shirt too. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DreamKid said:

1. That he's trying to bridge a joke off our injuries(which have been devastating this year), and inviting more dopes in the comments to do the same.

I mean, the amount of injuries we've sustained this year has been laughable. People make jokes all the time on Twitter about everything. Just seems like a weird thing to take offense to, especially when what he said was both funny and accurate!

2. Knowing if one of our players did the same thing with an injury report of a more popular franchise(Cowboys, Steelers, etc) that they would catch a bunch of sh*t for it.

??? What?

I know I'm quicker on the op trigger than most in here, and a lot of people probably see it as an innocuous comment, but I'm not with it. He's getting away with it because he's not an active player, whereas if Jarvis Landry put that out all of the Ravens fanbase would be up in arms because they'd correctly perceive it as barbed. To me, it's still barbed regardless. I don't care about his status, and that's the only thing blurring the lines for some folks. He has no connection to this franchise and if anything played with teams we have soft rivalries with. Never going to support or tolerate outsiders making light of our players' injuries. Most of those guys on that list didn't grow up rich like Chris, they don't have daddy's money to fall back on. Easier to poke fun at a list of injuries when you don't view the reality of an injury the same way the players on the list do. To some of the guys on that list a setback can ultimately mean getting phased out of the league, to Chris a setback would mean potentially having less bragging rights at the Long family mansion(s) over Thanksgiving and Christmas. Maybe someone should compile a list of his little brother's injuries? See if that looks like the back of a band t-shirt too. 

I just don't understand this. Chris Long talks about all NFL teams on twitter, like most people do...we all talk about all NFL teams on this board...we all make jokes about lots of things. Nothing he said was a personal attack towards a player at all...like I seriously just do not see why you are taking such an offense to what seems like a pretty harmless joke.

26 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

like I seriously just do not see why you are taking such an offense to what seems like a pretty harmless joke.

I'm not offended, I just don't like it. I don't like a list of our players' injuries being used to facilitate his joke. It's not a difficult concept to grasp. 

I'll never be on the side pushing for less harsh attempts at humor, I'm all for going into the gutter. Like, I'd love to have an open and honest discussion making fun of how ugly Chris Long's wife is. And my comments about Dan Fouts and his family certainly drew issue with some posters on here. Believe it or not though, I'll also frequently be on the side that doesn't go along with outsider humor attempts involving our players- especially when it's surrounding their injuries. Again, not a difficult concept to grasp

The 'their injury list looks like a band t-shirt' line, falls into 'Lamar is a RB' territory for me. It's just lame, and I think the people responding to it in the comments section with their own follow ups are even worse- which is typically the case. 

There was a situation somewhat similar earlier this year that also involved a twitter user making light of the health issues faced by a prominent member of the Ravens organization. Certainly more severe than what Chris did, but since you enjoy that kind of thing I'll fill you in if you're interested. Just let me know!! 👍😃!!!

21 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Look, if you wanna be offended on behalf of all of our injured players because someone made a harmless joke about our injury report, cool, I guess.

Again, not offended.. just don't like it. Didn't think that would be a controversial take on a Ravens sub. Glad I never posted about the Mo Gaba/Steelers fan account controversy. Seeing someone come down on the wrong side of that one would've been too disheartening. 

Also anytime someone in NFL Gen makes a harmless 'Lamar is a RB' joke, I hope to see you offering them a full defense just as you've done for Chris Long here. Cause I mean if not actively liking an outsider crafting jokes about our players' injuries is bad, then clearly not liking something silly like jokes about our players playing different positions is a new kind of hellscape. So make sure you keep that same energy and stand tall for all those masters of comedy little soldier. 

6 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Yea, I don't see what's there to be bothered for days about there. It's not even anti-Ravens like a LamaRB joke.

If someone's family got hit with a bunch of injuries and you used a list of them to craft a joke- that also wouldn't then mean you're explicitly anti- that family. It just means you saw an opportunity for a joke, and went for it. Doesn't mean other people won't then interpret it as callous or dislike individuals they care about/admire being used as fodder though. 

Lamar isn't actually a RB, all of those players are actually injured and/or ailing. 

I'm just as shocked as you that there were days worth of posts to be mined with the subject. Really thought it was a one off. I frequently post "F*ck this guy" material on here and it's pretty incredible(to me at least) that the only time I've ever really gotten pushback is when I said Chris Long and the people replying to his tweet were dull-witted cringe fiends and that I didn't like them involving a list of our injured players in their pathetic 'Over 30 and still desperate for social media validation' tango.  🤷‍♂️ Oh well, I'll just add it to the list of 2021 curveballs.

The craziest part about this nonsense is that the joke wasn't even like "haha their trainers suck" or "haha these guys can't stay healthy to save their lives", it was literally just "looks like a band tour shirt". Like that is the harmless joke I could ever think of and still someone is offended by it. Crazy times.

20 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The craziest part about this nonsense is that the joke wasn't even like "haha their trainers suck" or "haha these guys can't stay healthy to save their lives", it was literally just "looks like a band tour shirt". Like that is the harmless joke I could ever think of and still someone is offended by it. Crazy times.

Like I said, drop on your knees and simp for the "LamaRB" crowd little soldier.. you've earned the role. Only one you're suited for tbh. The 90% Seahawks fan 10%? Ravens fan schtick has it's limits. 

Fun back and forth though. Lit NPC energy radiating from you. 

Onto to Steelers day folks. The "Chris Long Joke Saga" is officially over, but what a time it was.

• Like 1