Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

Wouldn't be shocked if we start getting trade offers for Marquise Brown. Don't think we'd ever consider moving him, but teams will definitely start sniffing around. Lamar on a max deal, and two other high end weapons(Bateman/Andrews) locked in will convince them there's a chance. 

We aren't too far away from extension talks for him either. You know EDC is praying the friendships and personal connections on our offense nets us a group discount in the end. The first domino has fallen with the Andrews deal and so far that one looks good, so I'm optimistic for the future. 

15 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

pipe dream but Joe Brady sure would be a heaven sent for Lamar and this offense.

I wouldn’t be a fan of that move. He had one year in college with Burrow, Chase, Jefferson, and CEH. His two years in the NFL have been a complete failure. That’s not completely his fault but he’s never accomplished anything that impressive.

4 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I wouldn’t be a fan of that move. He had one year in college with Burrow, Chase, Jefferson, and CEH. His two years in the NFL have been a complete failure. That’s not completely his fault but he’s never accomplished anything that impressive.

first off. Go check who he had to work with and who they picked in the draft during his stint. They rebuild that D and gave him sorry excuses for QB. CMC was available for a whooping 10 games since Brady joined.

IDK, im sure he would be an improvement and a much needed injection of novelty.

15 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

first off. Go check who he had to work with and who they picked in the draft during his stint. They rebuild that D and gave him sorry excuses for QB. CMC was available for a whooping 10 games since Brady joined.

IDK, im sure he would be an improvement and a much needed injection of novelty.

I said it’s not his fault. But having crappy results with a crappy roster and great results with an all time great roster isn’t impressive.

16 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Wouldn't be shocked if we start getting trade offers for Marquise Brown. Don't think we'd ever consider moving him, but teams will definitely start sniffing around. Lamar on a max deal, and two other high end weapons(Bateman/Andrews) locked in will convince them there's a chance. 

We aren't too far away from extension talks for him either. You know EDC is praying the friendships and personal connections on our offense nets us a group discount in the end. The first domino has fallen with the Andrews deal and so far that one looks good, so I'm optimistic for the future. 

I just don't think Hollywood is a great fit for this offense. He great 15 yards downfield when he's wide open, but he a) isn't effective close to the LOS because of his size, b) isn't good at contested balls, and 3) can't block. 

He would be better off in pass-heavy offense. I don't think he would mind leaving the Ravens. 

5 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

I just don't think Hollywood is a great fit for this offense. He great 15 yards downfield when he's wide open, but he a) isn't effective close to the LOS because of his size, b) isn't good at contested balls, and 3) can't block. 

He would be better off in pass-heavy offense. I don't think he would mind leaving the Ravens. 

Let's also not forget he's not "slippery" when he has the ball near the LoS, either.

23 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

I think he's a perfect fit when the offense is actually functioning. Can't have a downfield passing game when the OL hands out endless pressures and Lamar is playing this regressed style of ball.

OL is the heart of the offense. Is the heart isn't pumping nothing is going to get done. 

22 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

I think he's a perfect fit when the offense is actually functioning. Can't have a downfield passing game when the OL hands out endless pressures and Lamar is playing this regressed style of ball.

OL is the heart of the offense. Is the heart isn't pumping nothing is going to get done. 

Yeah he seems more like a luxury at this point with the offense as it is now. 

I'm fine with building around Batemon as WR #1 with Andrews and our good RBs. I'd rather devote resources to OL rather than Hollywood. 

I would consider the Ravens doing anything that makes Lamar's life on the field more difficult extremely unlikely to happen. 

2 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

But he does get open. That's a big one.

• Like 1