Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

49 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

I'm not opposed to bringing Peters back in the same role we had for a guy like Jimmy Smith. Peters is self aware and knows his play has dipped a bit and seems to like playing for the Ravens.

Down with him as a CB3/4. You can never have enough, as we know.

Luckily he's burned a lot of bridges with his attitude in the league and a strong amount of clubs won't touch him. So price should be low enough.

• Like 2

Ben Powers going from struggling to beat out Tyre Phillips for a starting spot to getting 2nd team All-Pro votes and likely netting us a 3rd Round comp pick is hilarious. 

We've seen this play out so many times. Shoutout to Rick Wagner.

We'll have more than an entire OL of players we originally drafted starting next season for various other clubs.

OBJ, Powers, Jensen, Bredeson, Hurst, Eluemanor. Pretty crazy.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Ben Powers going from struggling to beat out Tyre Phillips for a starting spot to getting 2nd team All-Pro votes and likely netting us a 3rd Round comp pick is hilarious. 

We'll have more than an entire OL of players we originally drafted starting next season for various other clubs.

I'll remain hopeful for this one. I was convinced that Bozeman would net us a solid comp pick last offseason and we saw how that turned out. 

It'd be great to be able to keep him on a reasonable deal. If we can't, we have some guys that can replace him without much issue. 

4 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Yeah I think an under the radar draft BPA pick is going to be another swing OT/OG. Mekari gets it done, but someone with a little more power could presumably come in and compete for a guard spot. We also have to reload for the inevitability that Zeitler is likely going to have one more season in him and that we might need to also be thinking about Morgan Moses being on retirement watch after another season as well. Plus injuries happen.

So my first round looks like: JSN, trade down, elite CB, elite OL… probably somewhere in that order.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

someone explain to me why Greg Roman is still employed by this team

1 hour ago, RavensTillIDie said:

If history is any indicator, would have to imagine they're looking for a clean way for him to "depart", e.g. finding a college gig to transition to, etc.

Who knows, maybe if our QB next year is Justin Fields, Anthony Richardson, or Hendon Hooker, Greg Roman would be just the guy for the job. 

If we’re about to go into an offseason where our franchise QB could potentially be traded, we might as well have some fun along the way and share some compensation speculation we’re hearing:

Heard on radio today 2 scenarios 

Lamar to Atlanta for: Pick 8, AJ Terrell, Grady Jarret, future 1st

Lamar to Carolina for: Pick 9, Jaycee Horn, two future 1sts

11 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

someone explain to me why Greg Roman is still employed by this team

Roman isn’t technically under contract, 2023 would be a team option. So either we’re parting ways with him or we’re picking up his option. But he wouldn’t be fired.

I’m hearing the team will have an end of the season presser on Thursday to cover all of this type of stuff.

Edited by diamondbull424

55 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Roman isn’t technically under contract, 2023 would be a team option. So either we’re parting ways with him or we’re picking up his option. But he wouldn’t be fired.

I’m hearing the team will have an end of the season presser on Thursday to cover all of this type of stuff.

Does ANYONE have a source for him not being under contract?! 

43 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Does ANYONE have a source for him not being under contract?! 

https://youtu.be/WCKR04frigM

Closest thing I can find to a source is Bobby, who is plugged in.

Spoiler

It is believed that last year Roman signed a one-year extension with a club option for 2023. So it’s possible that we could hear that he and the team have mutually agreed to part ways, much like the Ravens and Wink Martindale did nearly one year ago on January 21, 2022.

(Not sure why the normal quote box wasn’t available instead of the spoiler one) But yeah the source appears to be unofficially Jeff Z.

21 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

If we’re about to go into an offseason where our franchise QB could potentially be traded, we might as well have some fun along the way and share some compensation speculation we’re hearing:

I feel like these are only possible if we also land a middling QB in free agency.

im thinking If we trade Lamar it can only be for a QB on a rookie contract or a pick that will net a top QB prospect, otherwise the return isn’t enough. Being cheap to Lamar then turning around and paying Derek Carr 35 mil for example would be a gross look imo 

On 1/17/2023 at 6:49 PM, Ray Reed said:

Neither of these sound like a Kings ransom, but the sting would be slightly less with the Panthers trade, but I'd still be mad at both.

I still can't believe we're even having this conversation.