Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

54 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Fair or not, Mahomes playing through a high ankle sprain is going to be a bigger hit to the Lamar legacy/greatness/value discourse, than Purdy having 2 playoff wins.

Which doesn't make a lick of sense as Mahomes already got paid. But you know, narratives.

@DreamKid You just hate to see it, but the Ravens brought this fraudulence on themselves.

47 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

Which doesn't make a lick of sense as Mahomes already got paid. But you know, narratives.

@DreamKid You just hate to see it, but the Ravens brought this fraudulence on themselves.

Jalen Hurts also played with a pretty injured shoulder and he hasn't gotten paid.

Either way, of course all the injuries are different and I understand that and everything, but it's gonna be a huge thing.

32 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

I mean, that can't be the primary reason. If it was purely a business decision, then it is a damning indictment on Lamar. He's already made a ton of money from the Ravens; this isn't some working man's struggle. **IF** the Ravens knew he was capable of playing better than healthier backups AND was able to protect his body, then it'd be beneath the team to move to move forward with that player as their leader.

But watching the Chiefs-Jags game also showed that there is a difference between playing and being a benefit to the team. Sure Mahomes came back, but the team probably would have been safer in securing victory with Henne finishing that game over gimpy Mahomes. 

We don't have the information to say from a medical side, but the team does and they can and will use that in their decision making.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

Another narrative I'll have to put up with until LJ8 comes back and drag his nuts. *Sigh*

EDC, Harbaugh and Greg Roman should be ashamed.

Lamar deserves equal blame as well.

The main reason we don't succeed in the playoffs is we lose the turnover battle, last two games in horrific fashion.

Edited by M.10.E
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Gonna try & find the post from last offseason when I was pounding the table for signing Haason Reddick cause damn was I dead on with that one lol

IIRC the Ravens really wanted Haason Reddick in the draft

Edit: yea, they said they tried to trade up and he was the only one who made sense because they also denied it was Barnett in another comment

https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2017/4/27/15464252/ravens-front-office-press-conference-ravens-tried-to-trade-up-marlon-humphrey-draft-2017

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 1