Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know why I torture myself so, but I still follow La Canfora on Twitter. He seems to be going really hard against the Ravens organization this offseason. Far more so than any other times. I wonder what gives. He and Inside Access 1075 ( I think it's a radio station, not sure since I'm not local) both. 

39 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

I don't know why I torture myself so, but I still follow La Canfora on Twitter. He seems to be going really hard against the Ravens organization this offseason. Far more so than any other times. I wonder what gives. He and Inside Access 1075 ( I think it's a radio station, not sure since I'm not local) both. 

There’s actually a story behind this.

La Canfora was denied access to the Ravens pressers/facilities a few years back by Biscotti and EDC once Decosta became the new GM and he was frozen out of any “inside” info he previously had. He’s taken it out on Decosta and Biscotti ever since.

If you listen with that in mind, it will make a lot more sense. He almost always is railing against the “roster construction” and “cheap ownership” and “that new guy making the decisions” when talking about the Ravens, but never criticizes the coaching staff/players/coordinators.

Perfect example was last week him praising the Chiefs’ most recent draft from last year (he said “hey GM, THATS how you draft”), and in the very next segment when reviewing the Ravens’ draft, said “stop talking about Kyle Hamilton like he was a hit pick. We don’t have nearly enough info on that yet”. Literally minutes after praising the Chiefs’ rookie class who in some instances played less than Hamilton.

You'll also hear a lot of loaded language with him criticizing EDC’s players constantly, downplaying the successful draft picks/FA signing, and only ever really complimenting players from Ozzie’s tenure.

It’s gotten really bad. They get called out on it all the time on 105.7 and twitter but they just instantly drop the call or mute the twitter response. JLC is butthurt from something 3 years ago and it drives the entire 2-6 pm radio window in Baltimore sports talk radio.

14 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

Be a better friend to yourself. Don't give this guy any attention or clicks. 

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

https://nflpa.com/nfl-player-team-report-cards

Check out our strength staff grade and our weight room grade. Thanks, Steve Saunders!

I definitely posted it somewhere in here back in 2019/2020, but my friend is good friends with Matt Judon, Pat Ricard and Nick Moore. They’ve had nothing but bad things to say about him for years 

This was long, long overdue

• Like 2

I'm indifferent to Steve Saunders leaving. Players who ran into recent bad luck with injuries and those who disliked his choices during the highly polarized COVID era are no doubt trying to hit back in the only way they feel they can. 

Saunders was here for 7 years and was credited with not only extending the careers of guys like Terrell Suggs(according to Suggs himself) but also with turning around the bad injury rates we were dealing with in the mid 2010s. He was a media darling for the majority of his tenure with the club. Saunders was literally 'Director of Performance and Recovery' when Steve Smith was rehabbing his Achilles. If Saunders was truly this comically nefarious figure the fanbase has made him out to be, believe me... we(and the organization) would've heard about it from the players long time ago.

All that said I'm fine with the team moving on from him if for nothing else than the psychological bump it can give. There's value in window dressing change during hard times.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

HOLYYYYY!

Goes without saying that at this point it wasn't just conspiracy theorist fans who noticed that Harbaugh's loyalty to his loser friends has had a really negative impact on this team. The players know too.

Not a great look either that based on the timing of it, it seems like Saunders only got fired because the org caught wind of the fact that this report was coming out ranking him as basically the worst S+C coach of all time rather than Harbaugh being proactive about the problem. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli
  • Like 3