Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

21 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

Pittsburgh losing to Chicago is funny until you remember Baltimore lost to Jacksonville. Then it's just sad all around. I mean the Ravens not losing anything divisionally is great (lost wild card ground losing to an AFC opponent), but that doesn't do anything to solve the major issues the team has.

I think Jacksonville is pretty good. Said it before the season, they have a very good defense and Fournette on offense is enough to get started. The Bears aren't going to be in contention.

Of course, we got pounded and the Steelers lost in OT, so a worse day for us, for sure.

3 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

I think Jacksonville is pretty good. Said it before the season, they have a very good defense and Fournette on offense is enough to get started. The Bears aren't going to be in contention.

Of course, we got pounded and the Steelers lost in OT, so a worse day for us, for sure.

It wasn't Fournette that really gave the Ravens trouble though. That's the worrying part.

49 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

It wasn't Fournette that really gave the Ravens trouble though. That's the worrying part.

I'm not saying it's excusable, but given the unique environment and the travel time associated with playing in London, it stands to reason that the Ravens probably had a limited game plan coming into today. That is, as we saw from the game, they REALLY underestimated Bortles; stacking the box on almost every play. And Bortles, an NFL quarterback, managed to take advantage of that. That poor game plan in conjunction with the ridiculous amount of turnovers by our offense didn't do the defense any favors in terms of not getting gassed/losing motivation.

Yea, and being down and not having Brandon Williams forced us to key in on the running game. Plus the give up factor. 

IDK, maybe there are serious problems with the defense and I'm in denial, but I'm not going to believe it unless I see it over multiple weeks. 

Edited by wackywabbit

1 hour ago, paraven said:

It was an all around embarrassment. Lets just forget this game ever happened. If they string another one  like it together next week, then its time to start talking draft 

Never to early to talk draft!!! Bring me more fat guys that can stay healthy and move people. 

Also, sign Jarvis Landry in fa

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn't surprise me. Bowman is a ghostly shell of his former self, but the Ravens are thin on inside linebackers. Mosley, Onwuasor, and Correa are a solid three but Freeny can be dumped. 

For what it's worth I think the 49ers and Saints actually agreed on a trade for Bowman before San Francisco just decided to cut him outright. Sounds like Navarro will have some suitors so it will be interesting to see where he lands.