Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

7 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

John Gruden after the year is over? Unless we get a miracle wildcard berth, I think its curtains for the entire coaching staff. What say you? I had a casual convo with a friend who said he'd like the look of Gruden in Baltimore. I like Gruden, but don't see the fit.

I’d be against that. He could have had so many jobs in the last 10 years. That says to me he clearly doesn’t want to be a football coach. And if a guy doesn’t want to be a football coach he won’t be successful at it

Guide to this sunday:

1: Root for the Saints to beat the Bills. I am happy though, that the Bills have figured out how to play Tyrod to his strenghts.

2: Root for the Colts over Pittsbleh Stoolers, because always root against them bumblebees unless a W to them really help us.

3: Root for the Jaguars over the Chargers, even though both teams could end up with enough victories to claim a potential WC spot, i'd rather face Bortless that Chargers late.

4: Bucs over the Jest, at this certain point, we can't count out Josh McCown and his bunch of no-name-fighters. Lets hope for some Fitzmagic to bury the Jest playoffs hopes.

5: Bungels over the Titans, we failed to get a crucial win against the Titans. While the bears loss was beyond stupid and should never have happened, the Titans loss is more costly. We can beat the Bungels late in the season to seal our own fate, but it will be in a strong race with the Titans

6: Panthers over the Dolphins, because we can't risk the Phins going on another unexplainable winning streak

Hey guys, randomly came across an article about your Ravens today, and something struck me as weird.

One of Tim Williams knocks coming out was his size, particularly his weight or lack thereof. This article states he got up to 280-290 lbs recently. That has to be a mistake right? There's no way this dude gained 50 lbs since the summer right? It says he got back down to 250, but that still makes no sense. Anyone clarify?

Williams’ primary impediment has been his health. He’s dealt with migraines and, most recently, a hamstring injury that has sidelined him for the past four games.

The Alabama product also said he’s been dealing with weight issues. He said he got up to between 280 and 290 pounds at the start of the season, but has dropped down to 250

That would be the first I've heard of anything like that. Williams certainly didn't look like he was up that high in weight... but who knows. Maybe that's why he's been left on the bench or inactive more often than not. It certainly isn't because the team couldn't use him. Or Bowser. So yeah, that's probably just another Dean Pees thing.

But if Williams did gain weight like that it would make sense why he isn't playing.

10 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

That would be the first I've heard of anything like that. Williams certainly didn't look like he was up that high in weight... but who knows. Maybe that's why he's been left on the bench or inactive more often than not. It certainly isn't because the team couldn't use him. Or Bowser. So yeah, that's probably just another Dean Pees thing.

But if Williams did gain weight like that it would make sense why he isn't playing.

I feel like we would have seen pics of a guy who looked skinny coming out of the draft to a guy who gained 50 lbs in a couple months! That's Courtney Upshaw type of weight gain right there!

26 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I feel like we would have seen pics of a guy who looked skinny coming out of the draft to a guy who gained 50 lbs in a couple months! That's Courtney Upshaw type of weight gain right there!

I would tend to agree with Co here. We have not heard anything about Williams weight. Neither has he seemed too heavy when seeing the field. Minor injuries have affected him and his playing time.

So far we did not get enough out of a player, who was drafted as a situational pass rusher. He is/should be in a perfect place for him as a player, where all he is asked to do should be to his strengths.

• Like 1

Anyone remember that late season Steelers game in 2015? We won with Mallett. It cost us draft position. But most Ravens fans, myself included, said it was worth it. And then Bosa, Ramsey, and Elliott went right before us. The fact that I only vaguely remember it makes me think it might not have actually been worth it 

We got a left tackle. So far all 3 above mentioned players are better than Stanley, but as far as positional value goes, I'd still say Elliot ranks lower than a good left tackle.

What is the trade value of Perriman? We could maybe get a 4th or 5th round pick out of him this year from the 49'ers. Am I putting too much value on him, or?

14 minutes ago, Danand said:

What is the trade value of Perriman? We could maybe get a 4th or 5th round pick out of him this year from the 49'ers. Am I putting too much value on him, or?

I think a conditional 6th at best. At this point I’d bring him to camp next year just to see if he has any potential at cornerback.

5 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Anyone remember that late season Steelers game in 2015? We won with Mallett. It cost us draft position. But most Ravens fans, myself included, said it was worth it. And then Bosa, Ramsey, and Elliott went right before us. The fact that I only vaguely remember it makes me think it might not have actually been worth it 

Still got Stanley though, so it worked out regardless.