GDT: Chargers @ Raiders

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

1 minute ago, riceman80 said:

Go ahead and replace Carr guys. You're just gonna say that guy sucks too. And any rookie we draft is gonna end up shell shocked with this supporting cast anyway and amount to nothing.

As i said before, Carr's like #20 on the list of things that need fixed right now

I know! There is no viable replacement especially this offseason. Having him here for the rebuild is necessary. Gives time for real evaluation and if he’s not the guy and if we have a shot at a good prospect or better guy then we simply move on. I can’t even imagine having some crap qb with this OL and weapons. I don’t know about having him long term but we will see as we add talent and build this defense.

8 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

I know! There is no viable replacement especially this offseason. Having him here for the rebuild is necessary. Gives time for real evaluation and if he’s not the guy and if we have a shot at a good prospect or better guy then we simply move on. I can’t even imagine having some crap qb with this OL and weapons. I don’t know about having him long term but we will see as we add talent and build this defense.

People wanna get Carr out so bad. Let McCarron start a game. They'll all be begging for Carr to be reinserted in no time.

44 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

People wanna get Carr out so bad. Let McCarron start a game. They'll all be begging for Carr to be reinserted in no time.

Is it going to change the end result? No.  Let's try to save Carr's mental state or save some cap next year by trading him.    Keeping him and letting opposing defenses beat him down til he is broken helps no one.  Get something for him or protect him.  Its like I have a Ming Vase that I bought, still owe money on, and it is sitting in my living room.  It is valuable if I can sell it to someone but in the meantime I am letting my kids play catch in the house.  It is useless to have it on display in my house where it is not appreciated and my kids are not going to listen to me when I tell them to stop.  I should have the crappy ashtray my kid made for me on display.  If they break it I do not have to feel bad about throwing it away and if my kids do not start listening to me it could be of some use because I might start smoking again from the stress.

12 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Is it going to change the end result? No.  Let's try to save Carr's mental state or save some cap next year by trading him.    Keeping him and letting opposing defenses beat him down til he is broken helps no one.  Get something for him or protect him.  Its like I have a Ming Vase that I bought, still owe money on, and it is sitting in my living room.  It is valuable if I can sell it to someone but in the meantime I am letting my kids play catch in the house.  It is useless to have it on display in my house where it is not appreciated and my kids are not going to listen to me when I tell them to stop.  I should have the crappy ashtray my kid made for me on display.  If they break it I do not have to feel bad about throwing it away and if my kids do not start listening to me it could be of some use because I might start smoking again from the stress.

Except you can’t trade him until the end of the season...by then you’ll be lucky to get a 3rd for him. Especially if the Raiders could just cut him at that point, if I’m another team I’m waiting and signing him for less. 

Really the only thing you gain from cutting Carr is some cap room which right now the Raiders have a ton of. Who are they going to use that money on? Clowney? Fitzpatrick? Winston? If anything they should cut McCarron and save 5 mill. 

They  need to go the K.C. route and draft a guy they can coach up if they don’t believe in Carr. 

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

One place I won’t trade Carr is NE. That system is super QB friendly and Carr will look like Tom Brady. Imagine another 15 years of Patriot dominance that we single handedly caused. 

That would kill my soul and judging by our bad luck I can see that happening 

Archived