So what benefits us more, concerning the Dallas vs Philly game?

aceinthehouse

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on this.

We have the defending SB Champions Eagles @4-4 right now & a team we have not even played yet. Also, perhaps the most talented team(& QB) in the Division who has had a rough start, but it starting to get their legs underneath them & go on a roll.

Then we have the struggling Cowboys who sit @3-5 & were just upset by the Titans, as well as a team we've already played once & beaten.

Now, the most common responses I've heard is that we want Dallas to win so both can be at 4-5 & we can have at least a 1 game lead over both teams. 2 game lead if we get past the Bucs on Sunday.

But I'm not so sure about that!

For one, if we were to lose to the Bucs? It would be 3 team race to the finish line with us at 5-4 & Eagles/Cowboys at 4-5. Not to mention giving Dallas hope, is a sickening feeling should they beat the Eagles.

However, should the Eagles beat Dallas? It would almost bury the Cowboys to a 3-6 record.Thus, putting them on life support.

Yes, the Eagles would be 5-4 & possibly tied with us, should we lose to the Bucs. But it would basically put our season on the line, with how we play the Eagles for the Division title.

Not to mention, The Eagles still play the Saints & the Rams. I believe their schedule is brutal down the stretch, actually.

Plus, we also have to factor in Wildcards for the playoff picture. Carolina losing was big for us, as we own the head-to-head tiebreaker there. Wouldn't we want Dallas completely out of the picture in this scenario?

Obviously, we need to keep winning. But just something to think about my fellow Skins fans.

I guess what I'm saying is....I wouldn't do cartwheels & jumping jacks just yet, if Dallas beats Philly Sunday Night.

It might be better to have 1 team to battle it out for the Division, instead of 2.

HTTR!

First tiebreaker is head-to-head. At worst, we split with Dallas.
Second tiebreaker is divisional record. Dallas already has a divisional loss, Philly does not.

Rooting for Dallas, as painful as that is to type, is the right call for this weekend.

The fire idea from @Jeezy Fanatic or my errant asteroid are also acceptable answers.

19 hours ago, Woz said:

First tiebreaker is head-to-head. At worst, we split with Dallas.
Second tiebreaker is divisional record. Dallas already has a divisional loss, Philly does not.

Rooting for Dallas, as painful as that is to type, is the right call for this weekend.

The fire idea from @Jeezy Fanatic or my errant asteroid are also acceptable answers.

And just on top of this, I think Philly is clearly the better team.

Even if Dallas wins tonight, they’ll need to go 5-2 on the way out (with a win over us) just to get to 9-7 with a chance to win a tiebreaker. Having watched them play, I just can’t see them making up that kinda ground — especially with @ATL, NO, and a PHI rematch left on the schedule (in addition to a couple other toss-up games). They’re like us, just not enough firepower to keep up with those high-scoring offenses for the most part.

Philly has been sleepwalking through their SB hangover, but they’ve still got a very good roster and we know they can flip the switch and turn it on down the stretch. Hanging them with another loss (and a two-game deficit) is our best chance to hang on to this lead. 

Perfect Sunday for us yesterday, we have a solid two game lead and the Eagles still have to play NO, so I don't see them closing next Sunday even if we lose.  The Boys will need to win in Atlanta also, where the Falcons are way better than on the road.  if we can beat them Thanksgiving somehow they are done.  But I just can't see us winning much with this QB we have.  I know its nuts to think that way since we have 6 wins but man most of those wins are weird.  

Archived