Week #10: Bills @ Jets on CBS

JetsandI

Just now, jetfuel34 said:

I think the coaching has a big part of it. Just look at the Browns, they fire Hue and get a win. I think if we fire Bowles tomorrow that will give the new guy the bye to work things out and be more competitive. This will also help Sam heal and the WR too. 

I think it is apples and oranges.   Browns' GM is proven and fixes the offensive side immediately.   In Jets' case, firing Bowles won't make an impact because they still have GM Maccagnan in the house.  

Firing Bowles has a couple good things that could happen out of it... 1. Motivate the team. It shows that losing and having a no fire attitude isn’t accepted. Bowles never shows passion. Not about a single thing. Get rid of him. It also has the potential to help develop Darnold. I don’t know who we’d make the HC... but if we went offense (not Bates) it could help Darnold.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Firing Bowles has a couple good things that could happen out of it... 1. Motivate the team. It shows that losing and having a no fire attitude isn’t accepted. Bowles never shows passion. Not about a single thing. Get rid of him. It also has the potential to help develop Darnold. I don’t know who we’d make the HC... but if we went offense (not Bates) it could help Darnold.

Is Mike Holmgren available for interim job?

I honestly can't think of a legit reason to keep Bowles this week. Darnold is struggling, the team life just got sucked out of them, Johnson is running from the media to avoid Bowles questions and more. Fire him now and see how the team responds to someone else. Tanking never works for us, we need to try to finish the year strong. 

It makes the most sense to fire him tonight or tomorrow bc we have a bye week. Allowing players to learn a new HC for 2 weeks, not just a few days. There’s no big names we can get right now. But just getting Bowles out will be good. Atleast get a guy with passion for the game

This was one of the very few Jet games I missed since their inception in 1964. I refused to watch the Bills game because of the phony injury to Darnold. I glad to see so many people are on the bandwagon to dump Bowles & Macc. The reason why we are so lousy is because of Macc"s drafting. Now we will see what kind of owner we have tomorrow morning. We will see if the Johnson trust fund kid are men or spineless weasels.

In Micahel Nania's tweet, it said Mcguire managed to score 1st down 5 times out of 10 touches last week. 5 out of 9 in today's game.

That is nice but I wish they were meaningful.

edit: ah in other tweet, Crowell managed to score 1st 6 times in last 23 touches.  Whatever happens to using hot hand method for RB committee. Shrugs!

Archived