Bills starting Matt Barkley versus the Jets

TheKillerNacho

@mission27 finally has his chance for redemption. Jared Goff has taken a commanding lead over Matt Barkley, but Barkley has a chance again. xD

2 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I'm praying for DeFilippo

You want McDermott fired?

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

You're praying for a head coach who replaced an offensive coordinator who became a head coach?  Who dropped 3 ranks in offensive scoring per game while upgrading at QB, OL, RB and kept the best receiving duo in the NFL? 

What? They didn't upgrade at OL or HB. Dalvin has been injured for most of the year, and the OL has been consistently injured. Despite all of that, the Vikings are averaging more YPG, PPG, and YPP this year.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

What? They didn't upgrade at OL or HB. Dalvin has been injured for most of the year, and the OL has been consistently injured. Despite all of that, the Vikings are averaging more YPG, PPG, and YPP this year.

Yeah, they did upgrade at OL.  They added Tom Compton and O'Reilly, who are both better than what they had last year (starter, backup).  Having Cook back at all is literally an upgrade over him being on IR after week 4 last year, so they literally did upgrade at both those spots. 

And in case you hadn't noticed, the entire NFL is averaging more yards per game and points per game this season.  That kinda happens when defenses continue to get more and more restricted. 

You really think it's a coincidence that Pat Shurmur's Rams (when he was their offensive coordinator) averaged less than 11 points per game?  That's literally true.  Pat Shurmur literally offensive coordinated the Rams 2009-2010 team to less than 11 points a game.  They scored under 10 points 7 times including two shutouts.  When Shurmur was the head coach for the Browns, the Browns averaged less than 14 points a game.  Scored under 14 points 9 times.  And now, with Beckham Jr, Barkley, Shepard, Ingram, Solder, Hernandez, the Giants are averaging under 19 points a game.  That's good for 27th scoring offense in the league.  Ahead of only the Raiders, Titans, Jaguars, Cardinals and Bills. 

Now Defilippo is having a good season and nobody seems to think it's easy to be a good offensive coordinator with the best receiving duo in the NFL? 

I think the Vikings skill positions got Shurmur a head coaching job he didn't deserve, and I think they'll be getting DeFilippo one, too. 

15 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, they did upgrade at OL.  They added Tom Compton and O'Reilly, who are both better than what they had last year (starter, backup).  Having Cook back at all is literally an upgrade over him being on IR after week 4 last year, so they literally did upgrade at both those spots. 

No, they didn't. They lost McKinnon, and Cook has barely played due to injuries. When he has, he hasn't been very effective due to the injuries.  And their OL has definitely not upgraded. Their 2017 starting OL was:

LT: Reiff (15/16 games)

LG: Easton (12/16 games)

C: Elflein (14/16 games)

RG: Berger (16/16 games)

RT: Remmer (11/16 games

Their current starting OL is:

LT: Reiff (6/9 games)

LG: Compton (7/9 games)

C: Elflein (6/9 games)

RG: Remmers (9/9 games)

RT: Hill (8/9 games)

They've downgraded at every spot on the OL due to injuries. Also, the claim that Compton is better than what they had last year could not be further from the truth. Proof:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24330814/nick-easton-minnesota-vikings-surgery-season-likely-over

Easton's athleticism allowed Minnesota to operate an effective screen game in 2017 that relied on offensive linemen getting to the second level. He had the highest pass-blocking efficiency on the offensive line, per Pro Football Focus, and was just one of five guards to play more than 400 pass-block snaps without allowing a sack. He gave up only three quarterback hits and nine hurries.

I think the Vikings skill positions got Shurmur a head coaching job he didn't deserve, and I think they'll be getting DeFilippo one, too. 

DeFilippo was getting HC interviews before he joined the Vikings. He's been considered a rising star for a few years now. He's done nothing in Minnesota to change people's minds.

Just now, jrry32 said:

DeFilippo was getting HC interviews before he joined the Vikings. He's been considered a rising star for a few years now. He's done nothing in Minnesota to change people's minds.

About the OL, fine.  I'll concede that one.  Everything else you're wrong on because whatever the Vikings did or didn't upgrade in, what can't be argued is they upgraded at QB.  Unless you think Keenum going from 22 touchdowns and 7 interceptions to (currently) 10 touchdowns and 11 interceptions is a fluke.  Just like those receivers made it easier for Keenum, they make it easier for the offensive coordinator there. 

All the NFL got better offensively.  Can't really use more yards and more points in DeFilippo's favor.  You can use rankings though. 

Giants went up 4 spots in offensive points per game ranking.
Vikings dropped 3 spots in offensive scoring per game. 

I think the Vikings elite receiving talent makes that offense easy to coordinate.
You don't. 

If I was a Bills fan, I wouldn't touch a Vikings offensive coordinator right now just like I wouldn't hire a Belichick coach. 

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

About the OL, fine.  I'll concede that one.  Everything else you're wrong on because whatever the Vikings did or didn't upgrade in, what can't be argued is they upgraded at QB.  Unless you think Keenum going from 22 touchdowns and 7 interceptions to (currently) 10 touchdowns and 11 interceptions is a fluke.  Just like those receivers made it easier for Keenum, they make it easier for the offensive coordinator there. 

All the NFL got better offensively.  Can't really use more yards and more points in DeFilippo's favor.  You can use rankings though. 

Giants went up 4 spots in offensive points per game ranking.
Vikings dropped 3 spots in offensive scoring per game. 

I think the Vikings elite receiving talent makes that offense easy to coordinate.
You don't. 

If I was a Bills fan, I wouldn't touch a Vikings offensive coordinator right now just like I wouldn't hire a Belichick coach. 

They did upgrade at QB, and unsurprisingly, their offense is more effective as a whole despite a much weaker OL and a worse running game. Why? Because their passing game has improved.

Just now, jrry32 said:

They did upgrade at QB, and unsurprisingly, their offense is more effective as a whole despite a much weaker OL and a worse running game. Why? Because their passing game has improved.

No, their offense isn't more effective though.  That's what I'm getting at.  The Vikings were the tenth ranked offense in the NFL last year with Keenum.  They're now the 13th.  You're neglecting the fact that every single team got better offensively due to the rule changes.  So if the Vikings are now the 13th best offense instead of the 10th best, it means they're not as good compared to the rest of the NFL as they were last year. 

There are five teams scoring over 30 points a game right now.  Last year there were 0. 

15 teams are scoring over 24 points a game this year.  Last year there were 8. 

The entire NFL got better on offense.  You can't use that as evidence to suggest that the Vikings have radically improved offensively. 

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

No, their offense isn't more effective though.  That's what I'm getting at.  The Vikings were the tenth ranked offense in the NFL last year with Keenum.  They're now the 13th.  You're neglecting the fact that every single team got better offensively due to the rule changes.  So if the Vikings are now the 13th best offense instead of the 10th best, it means they're not as good compared to the rest of the NFL as they were last year. 

There are five teams scoring over 30 points a game right now.  Last year there were 0. 

15 teams are scoring over 24 points a game this year.  Last year there were 8. 

The entire NFL got better on offense.  You can't use that as evidence to suggest that the Vikings have radically improved offensively. 

They're averaging more points per game, yards per game, and yards per play despite breaking in a new system.

34 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

They're averaging more points per game, yards per game, and yards per play despite breaking in a new system.

THE ENTIRE NFL IS AVERAGING MORE POINTS PER GAME, YARDS PER GAME AND YARDS PER PLAY!  

Just as easily as you can say that's all DeFilipo, I can say that the Saints got better on offense because they stopped holding in their farts during meetings.

Quit using them being better on offense as a point for DeFilipo.  It's not.  The entire NFL is better offensively, and Cousins is better than Keenum.  

What part about those two facts are you not getting?

Archived