Bills starting Matt Barkley versus the Jets

TheKillerNacho

8 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah, gotta agree. Start the guy who, well, you can't imagine anyone doing any worse or starting a random guy, I would start a random guy.

Pretty much this. Its not like Peterman is someone that hasn't been given a fair shake. They are basically in a tryout mode to see who Allen's backup will be. Lets see what Barkley can do

11 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Quit using them being better on offense as a point for DeFilipo.  It's not.  The entire NFL is better offensively, and Cousins is better than Keenum.  

This seems dumb to me. You were the one throwing stats around as to why DeFilippo has made the Vikings worse. Yet, when @jrry32 uses stats, they are useless.

Got it.

2 hours ago, Malik said:

Sam Darnold has been the second worst starting QB this season after Peterman. Can't get much worse for the Jets offensively

Yep he's been awful but he's a rookie and needs all the play time he can get. McGown isn't the future and but he's Bowles guy and Bowles will play however long it might be to get himself off the hotseat. 

Just now, BleedTheClock said:

This seems dumb to me. You were the one throwing stats around as to why DeFilippo has made the Vikings worse. Yet, when @jrry32 uses stats, they are useless.

Got it.

No, for the love of God, why is everybody discounting the fact that the Vikings went from Keenum to Cousins?  And why is everybody discounting the fact that the entire NFL is up in points and yards thanks to the new rule changes?  If this was a thread about Kirk Cousins and people were trying to credit DeFilipo, everybody would be saying it's Cousins, but noooooo, we gotta say it's DeFilipo since it's a thread on coaches. 

Yet, when jrry uses stats, they are useless.

This isn't even true.  Literally the only stat he used was that the Vikings had higher YPP, YPG, PPG.  So how did I respond to this?  I said that the entire NFL is up in YPP, YPG, PPG, so you can't point to DeFilipo as the reason, and you have to consider Cousins over Keenum. 

He is using DeFilipo as the only change or the only possible explanation for the Vikings getting better when that's simply not the case.  Take the Saints.  They changed literally nobody on the coaching staff.  They added one rookie receiver who has 7 catches on the season.  In fact, they've lost two receivers and didn't have Ingram for the first four weeks.  They're scoring 7 more points a game this year. 

So considering the heightened offensive performance across the NFL, and considering the Vikings went from Bradford/Keenum to Cousins, I'm not quite ready to give DeFilipo all the credit. 

So yeah, if Bills fans really want him, I am certain that DeFilipo could absolutely do just as well in Buffalo with

Josh Allen instead of Cousins
31-year-old Mccoy instead of Cook
Zay Jones instead of Adam Thielen
Andre Holmes instead of Diggs
30-year-old Clay instead of Rudolph
Bodine, Dawkins, Ducasse, Miller and Mills instead of the Vikings offensive line.

DeFilipo gets all the credit for the Vikings and he's the reason they've gotten better offensively.  That has nothing to do with the NFL changing, and it has nothing to do with going from Bradford/Keenum to Cousins, so he should have no excuses. 

I just really don't get how people fail to see how inaccurately misguided it is to say that the Vikings offense improved from last year to this year while neglecting the facts of the situation. 

I'll use the Giants and compare them to the Vikings. 

The Giants are scoring 3.5 more points per game this year over last year.
The Vikings are scoring 1.4 more points per game this year over last year.

That means Shurmur improved the Giants more than DeFilipo improved the Vikings, right?  And the Giants didn't improve at QB. 

I forgot.  We have to completely ignore the difference between Bradford/Keenum and Cousins.  That doesn't count. 

The NFL is averaging 24.1 points per game.  Vikings are scoring half a point more than the NFL average this year.
Nfl averaged 21.7 points per game last year.  Vikings scored 1.5 points more than the NFL average last year.

This information doesn't count, right?  It doesn't count that the NFL is scoring a record (all-time record) amount of points per game and that YPP, YPG are both setting NFL records as well. 

Three times in NFL history - ONLY THREE - has the average points per game been higher than 23.  The average right now is 24. 

But it's just coincidence that literally the entire NFL is better offensively, and the only one we can credit is DeFilipo. 

Just now, jrry32 said:

Wrong. Don't lie about what I said. It's all here on the forum.

You're right, you added a worse OL.  I believe that a worse OL is offset by a better QB, and that the QB upgrade is more significant given everything with the state of the NFL than the OC. 

Just now, Outpost31 said:

You're right, you added a worse OL.  I believe that a worse OL is offset by a better QB, and that the QB upgrade is more significant given everything with the state of the NFL than the OC. 

You're still lying:

17 hours ago, jrry32 said:

They did upgrade at QB, and unsurprisingly, their offense is more effective as a whole despite a much weaker OL and a worse running game. Why? Because their passing game has improved.

I agreed with you that they upgraded at QB. You've been the person on the crusade to prove that DeFilippo has performed worse than Shurmur. I disagreed with the claims you made because they weren't accurate (like claiming that the Vikings upgraded on the OL and at HB). Now, you're going out of your way to lie about what I said. Don't do that.

Archived