BDL 2018 Week 10: Singapore Sentinels @ Camden Hood Rats

Whicker

Singapore Sentinels @ Camden Hood Rats  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Singapore Sentinels
    • Camden Hood Rats

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/14/2018 at 05:00 PM

BDL 2018 Week 10

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both.

Singapore Sentinels

QB: Nick Mullens 
RB1: Kareem Hunt 
WR1: Keenan Allen
WR2: Corey Davis
WR3: Doug Baldwin
TE1: Eric Ebron 
LT: Joe Staley 
LG: Mark Glowinski
C: Weston Richburg
RG: Josh Kline
RT: Marcus Cannon
--------------------
FB: Kyle Juszczyk
RB2: James Conner
RB3: Elijah McGuire 
TE2: Tyler Higbee
WR4: David Moore
WR5: DeVante Parker
OL6: La’el Collins
QB2: Derek Carr

DE: Danielle Hunter 
DT: Aaron Donald
NT: Damon Harrison
DE: Everson Griffen 
MLB:Jaylon Smith 
WLB: Jon Bostic
CB: Morris Claiborne
CB: Trae Waynes
SCB: Desmond King II
FS: Jesse Bates III
SS: John Johnson III 
--------------------
CB4: Holton Hill
S3: Marcus Maye
S4: Quandre Diggs
S5: Tracy Walker III
LB3: Eric Kendricks
DL5: Genard Avery
DL6: Linval Joseph 
DL7: Stephen Weatherly 

Camden Hood Rats

QB- Alex Smith
RB- Sony Michel
WR- Courtland Sutton
WR- Dede Westbrook
TE- David Njoku
TE- Evan Engram
LT- Cordy Glenn
LG- Larry Warford
C- Chase Roullier
RG- Trai Turnerr
RT- Orlando Brown Jr
WR- Cole Beasley
WR- Terrelle Pryor
OL- Hal Vaitai
OL- Ryan Groy
QB- Lamar Jackson

DE- Chandler Jones
DT- Akiem Hicks
DT- Grady Jarrett
DE- Yannick Ngakoue
LB- Darius Leonard
LB- Josey Jewell
LB- Jamie Collins
CB- Denzel Ward
CB- Daryl Worley
S- Kevin Byard
S- Jamal Adams
CB- Chidobe Awuzie
CB- Ahkello Witherspoon
CB- Jimmie Ward
CB/S- Avonte Maddox
S- Kenny Vaccaro

SINGAPORE Week 10

Motivation - Destroy the Louisiana and Orlando draft position.

Offensive Strategy

Formations: 11 /  21 / 12 | Scheme:  Run (55%) vs Pass (45%)

Blocking - Shuffling the OL this week to get the best players blocking for our new starter Mullens. Our starting five have only given up 5.5 combined sacks this year. Cannon and Glowinski have given up 0. The Camden pass rush is almost as good as our own but we think Mullens will have time to hit his open receiver. Higbee again will come in and be a sixth blocker for both the pass and run game throughout the game.

Passing game
Helping Mullens out are our reliable trio of starting WR in Allen, Davis and Baldwin. In addition to being able to get open, they have some of the fewest drops in the league. Allen - 1, Davis - 2, Baldwin - 0, Moore - 0, Parker - 0. 

We’ll run most of our offense out of 11 and 21 personnel which is what drives our offense. Being able to call multiple plays using the same personnel is an advantage that will allow us to maximize our matchups against the Hood Rat defenders.  Receivers will be in tight to allow for quick crossing routes and we will look to rotate all three of our WR into the slot to matchup against Camden’s worst defender in the secondary. Should be able to get some decent looks against an injured Ward (hip) and Co.

Ebron continues to be our Redzone threat as the TE with the most TD’s in the league.

Running Attack
With my two main RB’s is surprises me that the last 3 weeks the owners, that have bothered to post scores, have me scoring 10-17 points total. Kareem Hunt has 13 combined TD’s and James Conner has 11 TD’s for the season. Only player with more is Gurley and they are 2nd and 3rd in scoring ahead of guys like Antonio Brown. 

As some owners have commented they are both pretty much matchup proof in addition to me using a Fullback and have excellent blocking WR and TE’s. This week we’ll throw in a few wrinkles and have Hunt and Conner in the backfield at the same time to destroy any attempt at putting a spy on the RB. Keenan Allen will also get a few carries as he has of late on some jet sweeps.

Defensive Strategy

Formations:   4-2-5 (Nickel) / 3-2 Big Dime | Scheme:  Cover 1 / Man Free Blitz

Run D/Pressure
Hunter and Griffen are back as our dynamic Duo on the edges. The get a familiar face in Cordy Glenn and should be able to stunt around him to get to the QB. Donald and Snacks clog the middle and can put the brakes on Hyde or Michel. Donald will continue his reign as the best defender in the league and give the Camden QB little time to throw. If Jackson is the QB then Jaylon Smith will spy on him out of the backfield.  Several of our secondary guys provide pass rush as well when given the opportunity. Johnson and King particularly will get blitzes depending on the looks given by the Camden offense.  

Coverage
Jon Bostic will use his excellent coverage skills to put the clamps on Njoku this week. John Johnson will have coverage on the receiving TE Engram or be in a robber role with blitzing opportunities is the go with a slot WR instead. With Garcon out this week it leaves Camden super thin at WR. Claiborne draws rookie WR Sutton with Waynes trailing Westbrook. Desmond King (PFF’s #1 CB) will cover the slot WR if used or drop into coverage over the middle looking to jump a crossing route or two and take it to the house. If Duke Johnson enters the game on 3rd downs King will slide up to the line to cover him instead. Bates mans his high safety spot and keeps the big plays from developing.

Holton Hill is shining in place of Xavier Rhodes this season and will be our dime back this week. Our once maligned secondary is coming together. 

Offense (Spread West Coast base)
This week against another reeling team in Singapore we're going to employ the same base formations as last week but make it known that even by spreading the field we're going to keep concepts that Alex Smith can work with. Crossing passes, quick slants, drags and other routes designed to get our guys open and let them make big plays after the catch. Here are some key matchups for us.
Quick work to negate that rush: We all know what the Sing defense does best and that's attack the passer. We also know that Alex Smith works best getting the ball out quick and working the ball to his play makers. Even in 2 TE sets, we'll still keep the field spread because that's what our TE's allow us to do. We'll work Westbrook, Duke Johnson and our TE's in lots of short and intermediate routes. These should force the Sing rush to either press and over run plays, or force a more marshmallow defense to try to soak up the short throws.

Keep Duke Johnson/Michel involved: Another huge part in negating that Sing pass rush is our RB's being available to hurt them. While Johnson and Michel will help on the pass pro side, we'll still keep them involved in screens and swing passes so that even if a RB isn't back to help, the DL and LB have to pay attention to what they're doing at all times. 

Take shots with Sutton: Our rookie Courtland Sutton hasn't gotten tons of volume, but he's 3rd overall in the league in YPC and that's because he's a big play threat. So with all the WCO concepts being run, there should be some good play action and pump fake deep shots available to the big bodied rookie. 

Defense (cover 1 press man 4-3 base)
Everyone knows what Singapore does best. They run the ball and get the ball out in short routes to their WR's/TE's/RB's. The best defense for this kind of offense is the Cover 1 press man shell. Since Sing likes to run 2 TE sets and run,  we'll come out in a base 4-3. We'll dress plenty of other DB's and safeties in case he wants to get cute and try to spread the field. Here are a few keys to our game plan. This is a standard defense where the corners get WR's, the LBs get RB's and TE's and each WR who comes onto the field removes another LB on the field from my team in order of awesomeness. 

Jamal Adams 'Robber' role: Singapore's strength's play right into something we love to do, which is let Jamal Adams loose on an offense. If Sing wants to come out in their standard set, Adams is a free man who we can decide to key in on a RB, drop back into zone or let him attack Nick Mullens with a blitz package. Sometimes Adams will take a LB's responsibility in covering a TE or LB and that will allow that other player to blitz or drop back into zone coverage to confuse the new QB.

Press man to attack new QB: Nick Mullens abused a Raiders defense that is nothing like this defense. We'll have our CB's pressing at the line to allow our very good pass rushing DL to attack the rookie QB instantly in this game. He won't have nearly the time to find his targets as he did in his debut. With no real deep threat on this team, Kevin Byard back as the last line of defense allows the rest of our defenders to clog up passing lanes. 

Strong base to stop the run: Even though teams have been keying on our pass D, we still can't ignore the Sing run game. Our base 4-3 defense is very stout and we know the threats that our opponent brings. We're lucky enough to not have to run anything fancy in this one, but being aware and ready to grind out a smash mouth game should Sing want to go that route. 

man, i don't know how either of these teams are gonna score much

mullins holds on to the ball too long and camden offense is a lot of woof

while sira is correct in a lot of people forget about his RB, the right side of his line provides little to nothing in terms of running the ball

irregardless i trust his skill positions players a little more as neither qb is gonna have a fun day

Singapore 13-6

16 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Not a real word imo, vote discounted.

Merriam Webster considers a word so I disagree wholeheartedly with this erroneous statement and I would provide a plethora of votes, if I were so allowed, for your adversary as punishment for making said falsified claims 

11 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Merriam Webster considers a word so I disagree wholeheartedly with this erroneous statement and I would provide a plethora of votes, if I were so allowed, for your adversary as punishment for making said falsified claims 

It's the word regardless with added letters that just means regardless. Terrible word.

Camden not using it's best WR is a shame, he would've made the difference here.

I mean not really but Singapore wins because they're not a trainwreck on offense with a much better group of supporting players.

Josey Jewell shouldn't really be starting, he's not playing a great deal for us. 

I'm not really sure where the points come from in this game for either team, I'll probably just lean Singapore on the basis that their DL is more destructive and the offensive weapons superior, but it's also Nick Mullens in the BDL and an OL that isn't great either.

Singapore 5-4 Camden (yes a FG + safety vs 2 safeties)

We might see a bit more offense than anticipated here. While both defendes are better than opposing offenses, I think both teams gameplanned very well. I do think Singap will be able to run the ball a bit, and the quick passing game to the TEs can work for Camden. On the other hand Michel didn't look great coming back from injury (maybe it was just Titans being stout on D) and I take into account the fact that Mullens is the starting QB after being signed 3 days ago. I gave the edge to Camden for 3 reasons:

1. Homefield advantage

2. Jamal Adams in his role really limits what Sing sing wants to do on offense

3. I would have prefered Singap best corner on Westbrook whose fit with Alex I like much more than Sutton's

23-20 Camden

Archived