Saturday Preseason Games

TheVillain112

1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

Respect the Madden credentials.

7 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

The Titans really let a fan call a QB run play? Mariota almost got drilled too.

I wish we didn't see that in the preseason. According to PK that was the same design run they used in the regular season last year. Hopefully they switch it up and give defenses a different look when calling the play or Mariota will start taking hits. 

Just caught up with the Colts and Broncos games as they were on throughout the morning over here. 

To summarise with a point from each game:

Colts

The offence without Luck is stagnant. We don't know how long he's going to be out but we need to seriously consider looking for an upgrade at the backup position. Hasn't looked good at all this preseason.

The thing is we need Luck back ASAP but with our O-line the way it is without Kelly and Schwenke he'd be at huge risk at getting injured again. Might be a tough start of the season.

(Side Note: Jaylon Smith looked good. Good to see him playing football.)

Broncos

The QB competition is surely over now. Paxton Lynch just isn't ready. Was hoping he'd make more of a impact in this competition but after last night expecting Siemian to be named the starter shortly and getting him ready for the start of the season. 

Not sure what the future holds for Paxton but I don't see Elway dumping him just yet. Might give him another season but he needs to show improvement.

5 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

So this Christian McCaffrey guy is pretty good at football. D'onta Foreman is also not too bad at playing football.

Yea? Well neither of them look nearly as good as Obi Melifonwu does standing on the sidelines all game...

... :(

Damn rookie injuries! We need Conley and Obi healthy and practicing in the worst way imaginable.

7 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Nice to see Raiders' secondary make Goff look like Rodgers for a drive :D

Or Goff is just gonna be a good QB now with an upgrade on offense with the weapons and McVay and his system that help make Cousins a good QB. Maybe that's just me. But I get it though, Goff was a bum last season when he looked bad. Now he looks good it must be because the defense is bad. I gotcha ? 

Just now, stl4life07 said:

Or Goff is just gonna be a good QB now with an upgrade on offense with the weapons and McVay and his system that help make Cousins a good QB. Maybe that's just me. But I get it though, Goff was a bum last season when he looked bad. Now he looks good it must be because the defense is bad. I gotcha ? 

:D:D How sensitive. 

28 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

He should start. Too many question marks over Watson's accuracy. Some awful throws.

I agree, but I also think that Watson is the type of guy who needs on field experience to get better at those things. You can put him through through practice reps, but for him to make that next step, he's got to play.

It's a strange conundrum, to say the least. The Texans could start Watson and use a run heavy offense with Lamar Miller and D'Onta Foreman (who is looking like a STEAL in the 3rd round) to help him out. His ability to create positive plays with his feet will help, too.

21 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

:D:D How sensitive. 

Actually being sarcastic lol. Seriously though baby steps but I do like the progress Goff has made. That's what it looks like to have a QB that has the skill set to be a starter in the league plus a good supporting cast around him and good coaching staff. 

36 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Actually being sarcastic lol. Seriously though baby steps but I do like the progress Goff has made. That's what it looks like to have a QB that has the skill set to be a starter in the league plus a good supporting cast around him and good coaching staff. 

I think the fact that Sean McVay is now his head coach and Jeff Fisher isn't will see a improvement from Goff next season.

Goff looked great yesterday. Our secondary legit is the worst in the league and the run game was killing us, so the play action was obvious a big help but he was making some borderline jaw dropping throws. The one to Watkins in the corner of the endzone was perfect. Believe it or not, he has a pretty stacked supporting cast now. Gurley looked like his old self, Watkins is a great talent (when healthy of course), Woods is legit, Kupp looked like a veteran, Austin is a massive play waiting to happen, Everett is a mismatch nightmare.

All in all Goff could be in for a solid year. Definitely a 180 from last season.

Welp, it seems like its Trevor Siemian in Denver again for another season. Which unlike most, I actually dont hate. Trevor has looked pretty darn good in the 2 preseason games, Lynch however looks like he still needs more time to learn how to process a defense faster and become quicker and more decisive with his throws/reads. I dont know if hes a bust, but if the lights dont come on upstairs after year 3, it may be time to cut bait.

The thing I dont understand is every other young starting QB gets the benefit of 'lets see if he takes that step in year 2' but somehow most believe Siemian doesnt get that same love? So I will say, lets see if Trevor takes the step in year 2---if not, it might be time to look at a Colin Kaepernick type next season or maybe even this season.

4 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Welp, it seems like its Trevor Siemian in Denver again for another season. Which unlike most, I actually dont hate. Trevor has looked pretty darn good in the 2 preseason games, Lynch however looks like he still needs more time to learn how to process a defense faster and become quicker and more decisive with his throws/reads. I dont know if hes a bust, but if the lights dont come on upstairs after year 3, it may be time to cut bait.

The thing I dont understand is every other young starting QB gets the benefit of 'lets see if he takes that step in year 2' but somehow most believe Siemian doesnt get that same love? So I will say, lets see if Trevor takes the step in year 2---if not, it might be time to look at a Colin Kaepernick type next season.

From what I saw, Lynch looked extremely uncomfortable in the pocket and often tucked the ball and tried to run at the first sign of trouble. Definitely not something you want to see in your starting QB so I do believe it is smart to roll with Trevor for the time being.

Archived