Optimism on Nitro-Octane: Ruin Ravens Playoff Dreams

Here'sJim

Alright, we are still on track for playoffs.

Who we need to root for.

Texans over Titans

Dolphins over Colts (if we assume the colts are the most likely to upset our playoff chances)

Ravens winning hurts, but we will be in good shape if they lose at least one in the 4 games they have before playing us again.

It’s almost as simple as winning out. Indy would be the biggest threat to our chances if we won out. Need 2 losses from them, and they play Jax, Houston, Dallas, NYG, and Tennessee. I think there’s probably 2 losses there. 

If you look at the teams ahead of us and their schedules, 9-6-1 for us gets it. We get Cinci and Baltimore. Baltimore would need another loss but they play KC and San Diego still. That takes care of them. We play Denver, so beating them is the one needed theoretical loss there. You need two losses from Tennessee to include tomorrow’s game vs Houston. If they lose that one, shouldn’t be much issue seeing one more loss with WSH and Indy on the schedule to close things out. Miami would need to win out, with New England and Minnesota included in their schedule. 

I’m not saying playoffs is likely but I am saying if we win out it is. 

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

It’s almost as simple as winning out. Indy would be the biggest threat to our chances if we won out. Need 2 losses from them, and they play Jax, Houston, Dallas, NYG, and Tennessee. I think there’s probably 2 losses there. 

If you look at the teams ahead of us and their schedules, 9-6-1 for us gets it. We get Cinci and Baltimore. Baltimore would need another loss but they play KC and San Diego still. That takes care of them. We play Denver, so beating them is the one needed theoretical loss there. You need two losses from Tennessee to include tomorrow’s game vs Houston. If they lose that one, shouldn’t be much issue seeing one more loss with WSH and Indy on the schedule to close things out. Miami would need to win out, with New England and Minnesota included in their schedule. 

I’m not saying playoffs is likely but I am saying if we win out it is. 

We are winning out.

33 minutes ago, bruceb said:

DNK.

The idea of letting up rubs me wrong.

If you are not going to keep playing to win you should substitute. Shouldn't be playing Mayfield, Chubb, Garrett, etc., and risking injury.

If we are letting up and still winning by 15 I’ll let everyone keep doing their thing. Most swag we’ve seen in Cleveland since I can remember. 

37 minutes ago, bruceb said:

DNK.

The idea of letting up rubs me wrong.

If you are not going to keep playing to win you should substitute. Shouldn't be playing Mayfield, Chubb, Garrett, etc., and risking injury.

That was my thinking during the game.

If all you’re going to ask the QB to do is hand it off, let Tuhrod do that.  No need to risk Vontaze being Vontaze and cheap spotting Baker imo.

Besides, then you can open up the read options, QB draws, etc. to keep the clock rolling while keeping the defense off balance.

Archived