Optimism on Nitro-Octane: Ruin Ravens Playoff Dreams

Here'sJim

Well, today we put playoff thread on life support. He had a good life, but it may be time to say goodbye. 

I'll update this post later to describe the senario for us to get in, but I'm keeping the shovel close by to lay this thread 6 feet under.

2 hours ago, Here'sJim said:

Well, today we put playoff thread on life support. He had a good life, but it may be time to say goodbye. 

I'll update this post later to describe the senario for us to get in, but I'm keeping the shovel close by to lay this thread 6 feet under.

You put that shovel away...better yet just throw the darn thing in the fire because the playoffs are still happening.

8-7-1

Called it a week ago and I reiterated it again this morning that even with a loss to Houston we are still in control. 8-7-1 will get the #6 seed and we are going 8-7-1 and that is a fact jack.

56 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

You put that shovel away...better yet just throw the darn thing in the fire because the playoffs are still happening.

8-7-1

Called it a week ago and I reiterated it again this morning that even with a loss to Houston we are still in control. 8-7-1 will get the #6 seed and we are going 8-7-1 and that is a fact jack.

I wish this was the real deal. 

Ok, because I hate myself, I have decided to provide the scenario that is needed for us to get into the playoffs.

Step 1: Win out (I don't want to do another scenario, even if we aren't mathematically eliminated)

Step 2: People Need to lose (All of these things NEED to happen)

• Dolphins need to lose 2 out of their 4 games (Patriots, Vikings, Jags, Bills) Chances?: Very likely Patriots and Vikings are stronger teams, and the Bills are a division rival who will play up)
  • Broncos need to lose 1 out of their 3 games (assuming they lose to us) (49ers, Raiders, Chargers) Chances?: Not great, especially if the Chargers rest their starters week 17. 49ers and Raiders will likely roll over
  • Ravens need to lose 2 out their 3 games (assuming they lose to us) (Chiefs, Bucs, Chargers) Chances?: Not great, though this isn't impossible. Chiefs and Chargers are stronger teams than the Ravens.
  • Colts need to lose 2 out of their 4 games (Texans, Cowboys, Giants, Titans) Chances?: Very Likely, Texans and Cowboys are very good teams, and the Giants are playing better)
  • Titans need to lose 2 out of their 4 games (Jags, Giants, Redskins, Colts) Chances?: Unlikely, this schedule is pretty easy, so it will take some under performing by Titans to lose 2.

Step 3: Playoffs

Bonus Scenario: Win the Division

Step 1: Win out

Step 2: Steelers Lose Out (Oakland, Patriots, Saints, Bengals) Chances? Extremely unlikely

Step 3: Ravens lose 2 out their 3 games (assuming they lose to us)

Step 4: Playoffs (and Steelers fans will be triggered everywhere)

That Miami win today was a gut punch. I cant see them losing 2 more.

Jags play 2 of the teams we need to lose in the last 4 games. Cody Kessler is their QB

Our playoff hopes partially lie on the QBing of Cody Kessler. 

4 minutes ago, ohiogenius said:

Jags play 2 of the teams we need to lose in the last 4 games. Cody Kessler is their QB

Not so fast, if we get to see the Steelers dropping to Oakland today that could put us in line for the Division crown. That schedule after that game is ugly for them.

25 minutes ago, ohiogenius said:

Yeah that Miami win really hurts us

Archived