Optimism on Nitro-Octane: Ruin Ravens Playoff Dreams

Here'sJim

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Jesus I love what one win does to this fan base. 😂 

Have I not said numerous times that this is the most fickle fanbase in all of sports? LOL

Just earlier today we were talking about a top five pick, now playoffs? xD

14 minutes ago, braylon said:

I hate myself, but I did check the AFC standings after that dominant showing by our Brownies! If we beat Cinci in two weeks we are legitimate contenders for the last wild card spot. Too bad TEN upset NE yesterday..

Titans would have to lose 3 games and we would have to win out.

6 minutes ago, Here'sJim said:

Hopefully a resurgent Colts team can knock them down a peg, as well the Redskins and the Texans. We got a chance, though it's pretty slim.

If this Browns team went to the playoffs......... we all need to get tickets.

On 11/11/2018 at 6:13 PM, Here'sJim said:

Playoffs

1. Chiefs

2. Steelers

3. Pats

4. Texans

5. Chargers

6. ???

At this point, out main competitors are the titans, dolphins for the 6 seed. We win out, Bengals and ravens won't matter.

Dolphins is the weakest team imo,and their schedule looks like this: Bye,Colts,Bills,Patriots,Vikings, Jags, Bills (Prediction, they lose to Patriots,Vikings, and Colts, they finish 9-7)

Titans: Colts,Texans,Jets,Jags ,Giants,Redskins,Colts (Prediction, they lose to colts twice, texans, redskins, they finish 8-8, maybe 9-7 at best)

Just to kick the wheels on our playoffs thread, lots of good things happened today.

Ravens won against the Bengals which puts them both at 5-5. Winning out will give us a better record than the Bengals (even if they win all the rest) and the Ravens only need to lose one more to ensure that we will have a better record by winning out.

This leaves us with three other teams we are really competing with for the 6th seed. The Titans got absolutely crushed by the Colts today, which is 1/3 games they need to lose for us to have a chance. Dolphins have a bye this week, but like i said before, they are by far the weakest team we are competing against (very likely they lose at least 3). 

Finally the last team we need to look at are the Colts. They are red hot right now and have a weak schedule coming up. They must lose to at least two teams (schedule: Dolphins, Jags, Texans, Giants, Cowboys, and Titans). This is probably the most likely team to knock us out of a 6th team bid, and should be watched closely.

Finally back to our schedule

Bengals- Defense got torn apart by a High School Offence led by Lamar Jackson

Texans- Squeaked one out against Washington, but still our hardest game of this last stretch. If we win here, we can turn up the optimism to levels never seen before 

Panthers- Got beat by a subpar Lions team after getting completely destroyed by the Steelers. This team isn't good and we should get a win here.

Broncos- Only scary about this team is their defense. If our defense plays lights out against a Case Keenum led  team, we will likely come out with a victory.

Bengals-  I think the Bengals will spiral downward by this point. Not a great team.

Ravens-  With the QB situation up in the air, and depending on how the Raven's season has gone up until this point, Ravens will also by be demoralized. I expect our defense to do well if we play Lamar Jackson due to the nature of the offence right now.

29 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Could we get the last playoff spot with 8-7-1,I could see us winning 5, but not 6. If we win either it will be a hell of a ride.

Only way we get in at 8-7-1 is if all the teams we are competing against for a playoff spot lose an additional game. Also, we can't lose any division games.

That means that Dolphins, Colts, and Titans all need to lose three games of their next 6. I think its possible for the titans and dolphins, but the Colts are looking like too good of a team to lose 3 (especially if we look at their schedule).

18 minutes ago, Here'sJim said:

Only way we get in at 8-7-1 is if all the teams we are competing against for a playoff spot lose an additional game. Also, we can't lose any division games.

That means that Dolphins, Colts, and Titans all need to lose three games of their next 6. I think its possible for the titans and dolphins, but the Colts are looking like too good of a team to lose 3 (especially if we look at their schedule).

colts are on fire.

Archived