Week 11 GDT: GB @ Seattle TreeSloths

incognito_man

2 minutes ago, KingOfTheNorth said:

I am not disputing that. But there is a big gap between playing bad, and purposely tanking. I don't believe for one second anyone of this team is tanking. You don't work as hard as they do during the week, to then waste it by not trying to win on Sunday.

I have a hard time believing that Rodgers would tank at anything.  It's always been said that he is as competitive as they come in everything he does .. from football to game shows to settlers of catan.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Not tanking in the sense of losing. Tanking in the sense of ignoring Mac and taking a my way or the highway attitude. If we lose because of that, so be it.

OK, I can understand this reasoning better. I would put that under arrogance rather than tanking, though. 

Just now, JBURGE said:

I have no access to med records, but I am pretty sure that the Kumerow injury was more of an IR stash than anything. 

The real question is whether or not Kumerow would make fewer mistakes.

If we get to the pooint we are out of it, I would IR Cobb and bring up Kumerow.

We have been close enough in tough games to not sell out until we are eliminated.

Just now, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

We have been close enough in tough games to not sell out until we are eliminated.

I almost hate to say it but unless things change DRASTICALLY next week in MN we are pretty much out of it.  Good teams don't screw up like we are.

1 minute ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I have to believe that Kumerow, being a pro for a few years, would have a better grasp of what he is supposed to do. EQ has looked worse every week as he gets more snaps. I don't think bringing Kumerow up is giving up, because if he an help for the rest of the season and we make the playoffs, great. Otherwise we're gonna miss the playoffs and then we can't bring Allison back anyway.

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

I have to believe that Kumerow, being a pro for a few years, would have a better grasp of what he is supposed to do. EQ has looked worse every week as he gets more snaps. I don't think bringing Kumerow up is giving up, because if he an help for the rest of the season and we make the playoffs, great. Otherwise we're gonna miss the playoffs and then we can't bring Allison back anyway.

Hard to say- he hasn't had any reps in a long time.  Hard to step in and perform when you've been off that long.

Heck, I don't think Trevor Davis got any offensive snaps last night, and he has been in the system the longest compared with Kumerow and EQ.

1 minute ago, Pugger said:

I almost hate to say it but unless things change DRASTICALLY next week in MN we are pretty much out of it.  Good teams don't screw up like we are.

If we lose to Minny it's over, barring us winning out and going 9-6-1, beating the bears, and either 2 of 3 teams (Carolina, Minnesota, Chicago) having collapses. 

If we lose to Minny, they would have to win only 2 games after us. Chicago would have to win only 3. Carolina only 3 as well. (I think).

I still think winning out for us is a possibility, but we have to play a hell of a game against Minny to get this team believing. History has shown that Rodgers will tell us in some way if he believes this team has a shot. Shhh, Relax, run the table.  This year he has looked so frustrated and he himself has been playing poor for his standards, and I don't think he has the confidence in the team.

Just now, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Hard to say- he hasn't had any reps in a long time.  Hard to step in and perform when you've been off that long.

Heck, I don't think Trevor Davis got any offensive snaps last night, and he has been in the system the longest compared with Kumerow and EQ.

Trevor Davis won't make it as a WR, I think that much is clear. As bad as EQ has been he should be out there over Davis. 

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

This roster could very well be without Cobb, CMIII, Crosby and Tramon next year. Wow. Would Aaron be the only SB winner left?

It will be 9 seasons, that is not all that surprising when 20+% is turned over each season

52 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Maybe the pain from Rodgers knee is worse than we think and it is affecting his play?

He clearly is not as fast as he was and is having a hard time escaping the pass rush compared to prior years. 

There is so much that we can't possibly know about what is truly going on.

If the knee injury is causing some of his poor reads, throws and decisions that is not a good sign

As Rodgers gets older, then he will need to adapt his game.  That does not seem to be happening and the issues that are happening now will be there in future years unless Rodgers changes his game.

22 minutes ago, squire12 said:

If the knee injury is causing some of his poor reads, throws and decisions that is not a good sign

As Rodgers gets older, then he will need to adapt his game.  That does not seem to be happening and the issues that are happening now will be there in future years unless Rodgers changes his game.

I think his reads and decisions are due to uncertainty over where the receivers will be.  Realistically, Adams is the only receiving threat he has played any significant time with prior to this year.  He had some experience with Kendricks prior to the injury last year, but he has never been a huge part of the offense.

His mechanics seem off which I attribute to the knee.

Combine lack of familiarity with the group, bad mechanics with injury, and reduced practice time due to knee rehab and he has a pretty good recipe for a down year and a lot of frustration for him and the fans.

3 hours ago, JBURGE said:

With all of the mistakes EQ is making, especially the last 2 weeks, I am pretty annoyed to not see Jmon out there. We should bring Kumerow back from IR and see what he has at this point, and we 100% should if we lose to Minny next week

I'm not sold on how extensive these mistakes EQ is making. Yesterday he supposedly misread the defense and ran the wrong route. Okay - that can happen to the best of them. Still - IMO at least - the guy's 6'5" tall - yet AR somehow manages to repeatedly make him dive or stretch or reach out for passes. What? You repeatedly cant hit that big a target? 

Yesterday - the block in the back that killed AJs run was the worst of it. Not good,, but I'm not gonna bench the guy because of it.

EQs the future. Kumerow isnt. Growing pains will be felt.

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

I'm not sold on how extensive these mistakes EQ is making. Yesterday he supposedly misread the defense and ran the wrong route. Okay - that can happen to the best of them. Still - IMO at least - the guy's 6'5" tall - yet AR somehow manages to repeatedly make him dive or stretch or reach out for passes. What? You repeatedly cant hit that big a target? 

Yesterday - the block in the back that killed AJs run was the worst of it. Not good,, but I'm not gonna bench the guy because of it.

This age thing with Kumerow is driving me nuts. What's the average career length in the NFL for middle to low round draft choices and UDFAs, three or four years? Kumerow is 26 or 27. We could get three or 4 years out of him easily. If he gives us a better chance of beating Minnesota than EQ, he should be playing. 

15 minutes ago, Leader said:
3 hours ago, JBURGE said:

With all of the mistakes EQ is making, especially the last 2 weeks, I am pretty annoyed to not see Jmon out there. We should bring Kumerow back from IR and see what he has at this point, and we 100% should if we lose to Minny next week

Growing pains can be felt in a limited snap count and in practice. This isn't Madden. He made that wrong route mistake on a 3rd down. That block in the back was stupid and unnecessary. There were a couple other plays where Rodgers looked frustrated at him after a missed throw. Last week he had that ridiculous blind side block and another wrong route decision on 1 on 1 with no safety help on a 3rd down. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

This age thing with Kumerow is driving me nuts. What's the average career length in the NFL for middle to low round draft choices and UDFAs, three or four years? Kumerow is 26 or 27. We could get three or 4 years out of him easily. If he gives us a better chance of beating Minnesota than EQ, he should be playing. 

I dont believe he does.
I'm not saying cut him. I just think EQ has more talent. What I'd like to see is some instances of AR hitting him in stride so the guy can run. Now - he's making his bones saving ARs *** stretching / diving and making nice hand catches of off target throws.

Archived