Week 11 GDT: GB @ Seattle TreeSloths

incognito_man

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Game comes down to our injuries. Breeland with a groin and even if minor, doubt he plays on short week. King probably won't play on short week. If Alexander is in protocol he'll be out too. Brice out too which isn't that big of a deal but he's still a body. Even against an average passing attack like Seattle, I don't see how we hold up if our starting CBs are Brown, Jackson and Redmond....

If all of those guys are out we won't win.

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Game comes down to our injuries. Breeland with a groin and even if minor, doubt he plays on short week. King probably won't play on short week. If Alexander is in protocol he'll be out too. Brice out too which isn't that big of a deal but he's still a body. Even against an average passing attack like Seattle, I don't see how we hold up if our starting CBs are Brown, Jackson and Redmond....

What is it with the Packers and DB injuries? It seems 2 years out of three we're down to PS guys by the end of the season. Looks like the season might have ended tonight with all these injuries. Rats.

Sorry to say as much the Seahawks game is a key matchup I don't give us much hope for winning it if we have to rely on Rodgers throwing the ball. He just don't look good. I'm so glad we almost ran it as much as we threw it against the Phins. In general, the pass offence looks poor, run offence looks good and defence looks fair. It doesn't seem like winning football to me at the moment.

You know the pass offence is bad when even the commentators are saying just give it to Jones to run and take it out of the hands of Rodgers.

7 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Sorry to say as much the Seahawks game is a key matchup I don't give us much hope for winning it if we have to rely on Rodgers throwing the ball. He just don't look good. I'm so glad we almost ran it as much as we threw it against the Phins. In general, the pass offence looks poor, run offence looks good and defence looks fair. It doesn't seem like winning football to me at the moment.

You know the pass offence is bad when even the commentators are saying just give it to Jones to run and take it out of the hands of Rodgers.

he doesnt want to give teams good tape

Just now, Malfatron said:

he doesnt want to give teams good tape

I used to believe this was why McCarthy didn't play certain players.  Back in the Janis days.  Boy was I excited after that Cardinals playoff game.  Really seemed to have confirmed my theory. 

Big, big game coming up on Thursday.

Seahawks D is not what it once was and the offense should be able to score points provided Mac stays with the balanced approach and lets Aaron Jones get 15-20 touches.

On D, really hope Jaire can play to take away Baldwin and that Breeland is able to go, but the key will be getting after Wilson.

The Seahawks offensive line remains a problem and we should be able to get to the QB.

And in the land of Bostic and AJ Hawk STs gaffe ghosts from games past, please Ronny get your group prepared.

Not really relevant to this game, but one thing I'm really excited to see is how well Pettine performs against teams the second time he plays them.  The Vikings and Bears games will be really interesting for that reason.  We've been for the most part a much better second half defense, and I'm wondering if that means we'll play better against offenses the second time we play them. 

This will be a very good matchup for GB.  Contain Wilson, get a decent offensive game plan put together, limit the boneheaded mistakes, and maybe we can quiet the 12th man and take them out of the game.  Need the Refs to lay off also.  As boneheaded as we are, some of these calls against GB are getting ridiculous, FFS.  That being said, if we lose this game, I suspect it will be because GB shoots themselves in the foot.

40 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Not really relevant to this game, but one thing I'm really excited to see is how well Pettine performs against teams the second time he plays them.  The Vikings and Bears games will be really interesting for that reason.  We've been for the most part a much better second half defense, and I'm wondering if that means we'll play better against offenses the second time we play them. 

Lot more tape to work with thats for sure. Also those first 2 weeks had a lot of unscouted looks, now mostly everything is out of the bag.

Archived