Week 11 GDT: GB @ Seattle TreeSloths

incognito_man

The only regular season Packers game I've attended was 2008 in Seattle. I wore a white Aaron Rodgers jersey and got a lot of flak from Seahawks fans (it was his first year as a starter) but I had the ultimate comeback: they were starting Charlie Frye.

Probably a useless stat but there have been 11 Thursday night games where the road team has traveled across 2 time zones.  The road team is 0-11 in those games.  Hopefully the Packers can break the trend.

57 minutes ago, Argus said:

Crazy that Jones and Williams have the same amount of carries, but look at the difference in production.

Yup

J. Williams is supposed to be The Closer - a big enough bruiser to grind out the yards at the end of a game -  when the defense knows what's coming
Kind of a lighter version of Blount in NE and Philly. (Unfortunately, the Packers haven't been sitting on leads late in games so far this season...)

Jones is The Playmaker.
Their stats will always look like that, in part because of the quickness/athleticism and in part because of the superior vision that Jones has
Remember when Williams was first starting out and he kept running into the arse of the OL ? He's gotten much better, but he's still more of a battering ram who  manages to fall/fight forward for an extra yard or two.

I hope to see both of them kicking some butt tomorrow night

34 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Yup

J. Williams is supposed to be The Closer - a big enough bruiser to grind out the yards at the end of a game -  when the defense knows what's coming
Kind of a lighter version of Blount in NE and Philly. (Unfortunately, the Packers haven't been sitting on leads late in games so far this season...)

Jones is The Playmaker.
Their stats will always look like that, in part because of the quickness/athleticism and in part because of the superior vision that Jones has
Remember when Williams was first starting out and he kept running into the arse of the OL ? He's gotten much better, but he's still more of a battering ram who  manages to fall/fight forward for an extra yard or two.

I hope to see both of them kicking some butt tomorrow night

Tough to close or playmake with limited opportunities. 

Jones carried 15 the ball times.

Williams carried 3 times.

Raven Green ran 1 time on a fake punt.

Rodgers finished with 28 passing attempts. He was sacked 2 times on passing plays. He also finished with 6 rushes for 21 yards. 3 of these were kneel downs to end the game.

Thus, GB RBs ran the ball by design on 18 of 51 offensive plays last Sunday.

The implication that GB ran the ball by design on 25 of its 55 offensive plays is, at best, disingenuous .

7 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

What should the run/pass ratio be?

We had 25 carries last week.

Rodgers had 28 passing attempts and was sacked twice last week.

25 rushes on 55 plays is a ton. 

Stretching the truth.

6 hours ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Jones carried 15 the ball times.

Williams carried 3 times.

Raven Green ran 1 time on a fake punt.

Rodgers finished with 28 passing attempts. He was sacked 2 times on passing plays. He also finished with 6 rushes for 21 yards. 3 of these were kneel downs to end the game.

Thus, GB RBs ran the ball by design on 18 of 51 offensive plays last Sunday.

The implication that GB ran the ball by design on 25 of its 55 offensive plays is, at best, disingenuous .

This

7 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

What should the run/pass ratio be?

We had 25 carries last week.

Rodgers had 28 passing attempts and was sacked twice last week.

25 rushes on 55 plays is a ton. 

Yes, this is pretty balanced.  Will we have similar success against Seattle?  How good are they are stopping the run?  I looked it up and they are about as good as we are.  They aren't much better than we are against the pass.  They are middle of the road at sacking the QB (I still can't believe we are #1...).  Their defense isn't the juggernaut it once was.  IF we don't screw up we have a decent chance to win this.  Unfortunately we have screwed up with penalties and turnovers too much this season and you can't do that, especially on the road, and expect to win.

Archived