Playoff Picture- The Final 7

DreamKid

It all depends on Flacco's injury. He's still the starting QB. The chances of Lamar playing so well he unseats Flacco are slim to none. Especially if it's just a 1 Week deal. That fact is kind of getting lost in all of the chatter. 

Even if the team takes an L against the Bengals, John isn't going to pull the plug on the season and start Lamar. If we drop 3, like to the Bengals, Falcons, and Chiefs. Then Lamar will start. 

If you even thought it was a chance, you can tell from the way players are speaking it isn't going to be RG3. If Flacco can't go it will be Lamar 100%. 

It might seem like an inopportune time for Flacco to get injured, with the season on the line and every game so important. The Bengals aren't the same team we played on that short Week 2 Away Game though. Dalton is playing poorly, their defense is atrocious, Green is out. Then after them we have the Raiders, likely the worst team in the league- at home. Joe can heal up these 2 Weeks if need be and come back strong against the Falcons. 

7 hours ago, DreamKid said:

It all depends on Flacco's injury. He's still the starting QB. The chances of Lamar playing so well he unseats Flacco are slim to none. Especially if it's just a 1 Week deal. That fact is kind of getting lost in all of the chatter. 

Even if the team takes an L against the Bengals, John isn't going to pull the plug on the season and start Lamar. If we drop 3, like to the Bengals, Falcons, and Chiefs. Then Lamar will start. 

If you even thought it was a chance, you can tell from the way players are speaking it isn't going to be RG3. If Flacco can't go it will be Lamar 100%. 

It might seem like an inopportune time for Flacco to get injured, with the season on the line and every game so important. The Bengals aren't the same team we played on that short Week 2 Away Game though. Dalton is playing poorly, their defense is atrocious, Green is out. Then after them we have the Raiders, likely the worst team in the league- at home. Joe can heal up these 2 Weeks if need be and come back strong against the Falcons. 

1. Everybody seem to think Ravens are going to give up the season, because we are 1 game behind the teams we compete with – Bengals, Colts, Titans, Dolphins all are teams which have shown the same weaknesses we have and they could as easily go on to lose several games as well as win several.

2. Until we are mathematically out of the playoff and if Flacco is healthy, he is the quarterback. If we go can see playoffs is out of reach, we could still see Flacco out there with a huge “come buy next off season” sign on his back, with Lamar maybe getting a few more reps. Flacco just as well might sit to make sure we have a healthy QB to trade next off season

3. It is how teams finish in December that will decide the season. I will keep reiterating that it could just as easily be the Ravens which come on strong in the second half of the season. We have seen every other season, that a small oline shuffle and change of pace on offense can be the difference to whether the offense is worthless or competitive and a healthy player on defense can make a great difference. If we take our chances, could see us with that 8-7 record going into the final game against the Browns.

19 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Well, that means he won’t be playing this week. I wish they would be more open as to what the nature of these injuries are.

You can thank HIPAA, and more generally the more litigious nature of American culture, for that.

The difference in reporting of injuries between American sports and European ones is stark.  You're lucky to be told the body part that is injured in the NFL, yet it's fairly common to basically get given the conclusion of an MRI report for a soccer player's injury in a European league

37 minutes ago, Danand said:

That was 1 of season, we need 4 more. Raiders, Bucs and Browns have to be HAVE TO BE W, and then we have to make an upset against either the Falcons, Chiefs or Chargers.

It can still very much be done.

I guess with our history we have to consider a possible Falcons W an upset, but they really aren't playing good football.

8 hours ago, DreamKid said:

I guess with our history we have to consider a possible Falcons W an upset, but they really aren't playing good football.

Really big difference playing the Falcons at home in their dome or playing them outside. I believe they had a really bad stat line om away games in bad weather - but that may be because they play mostly on great fields and domes due to their home division.

32 minutes ago, Danand said:

Really big difference playing the Falcons at home in their dome or playing them outside. I believe they had a really bad stat line om away games in bad weather - but that may be because they play mostly on great fields and domes due to their home division.

They're 3-3 at Home this season, and their margin of victory has gotten worse against lesser teams the more they've played there. Injuries are stacking and play is lacking. I'm not saying they're the Bills but they are a team we should be beating. 

In the last two games they've put up less than 20 points. If we are "The Best Defense in Football", then we should have no problem netting a similar score from them. Our Offense has it's shortcomings but Flacco or Jackson, in a dome with Tucker's leg, should easily lead a 20+ charge and grab us a W.

3 hours ago, M.10.E said:

We really need to start running more of a spread offense with Lamar this week. It just opens up so much for him and allows for easier throws/reads. Should run 3 wide with Hurst/Andrews.

Yeah I agree with this. Running 11 personnel with Hurst in-line and Andrews in the slot mixing it up with Snead/Brown on the outside (bench Crabtree for all I care at this point) is what we should be aiming to do. We'll face less stacked boxes, which will open up the run game, which will open up the passing game.

5 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah I agree with this. Running 11 personnel with Hurst in-line and Andrews in the slot mixing it up with Snead/Brown on the outside (bench Crabtree for all I care at this point) is what we should be aiming to do. We'll face less stacked boxes, which will open up the run game, which will open up the passing game.

Crabtree may not be the best at catching the ball but he was great as a blocker yesterday

It's a bird, it's a plane, ...... nope... it's just another article mocking the club-

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000990167/article/john-harbaugh-on-postseason-hopes-were-not-dead

-Harbaugh, in essence, is correct. Baltimore is firmly in play for a wild-card entry. This time of year is a boon to all those who strive to keep all 32 teams alive for the postseason -- the Ravens check the box.

But the concept that a defense-oriented team -- light on exciting weapons and averaging 23 points a game -- is about to threaten a high-flyer like the Chiefs?

No.

We can float for ages in these lift-up-the-league fever dreams, but the Ravens are about as far as one can travel from a realistic Super Bowl entry. This will be sorted out soon enough.-

Notice how they mention the Chiefs and not the Saints, who coincidentally through 10 games are the league's top scoring offense?  Doing so would defeat the purpose of creating an article slanted against us. Through the last 7 games, we've come the closest to beating the Saints and just missed going to OT against them off a fluke Tuck miss.

So sick of this BS. I want us to crush the noise once again. None of these hoes want to see us winning. 

machine-gun-clipart-gif-animation-672135

Archived