Playoff Picture- The Final 7

DreamKid

55 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

The Brown's will beat us to make the playoffs. Watch 😂

The one year we don't get the Bengals in week 17... they are down Dalton AND Green and the Browns are a challenge. There are mythic forces out there ensuring that we have a near playoff miss again.

Colts have the Giants up next, and the Titans have the Redskins. They play each other in the final game of the Regular Season. Smart money is on both of them winning their penultimate game, and then obviously one will lose(barring a tie) in the finale game. So we'd be up against a 10-6 record, forcing us to win out. 

16 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Colts have the Giants up next, and the Titans have the Redskins. They play each other in the final game of the Regular Season. Smart money is on both of them winning their penultimate game, and then obviously one will lose(barring a tie) in the finale game. So we'd be up against a 10-6 record, forcing us to win out. 

Hopefully the Redskins upset the Titans, they’re still playing for playoff contention and will likely bring their A game against the Titans. That’ll be their Super Bowl. I could see them pulling off the upset. We’ve seen Mariota falter before and the Skins have the defensive line to generate the needed pressure.

Then from there we’d have to hope that the Titans knock off the Colts in that final game.

The one good thing in all of this is that if somehow were able to upset the Chargers at home, we’ll have an extra day of rest before that final game with the Browns.

18 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Both the Colts and Titans are about 7 point favorites, if they have about a 75% chance of winning, then the odds both will win is about 55% (if my math is right). 

Hopefully Odell Beckham plays for the Giants. 

The Titans are also a very inconsistent team, I'm hoping the Redskins come to play. 

On 12/17/2018 at 10:28 AM, diamondbull424 said:

Hopefully the Redskins upset the Titans, they’re still playing for playoff contention and will likely bring their A game against the Titans. That’ll be their Super Bowl. I could see them pulling off the upset. We’ve seen Mariota falter before and the Skins have the defensive line to generate the needed pressure.

On 12/17/2018 at 12:41 PM, AngusMcFife said:

The Titans are also a very inconsistent team, I'm hoping the Redskins come to play.

Apparently Mariota is dealing with a foot injury. And Logan Ryan is done for the year now. That isn't bad news for us.

Hopefully Dean Pees comes through with some of his late season F*%Kery . 

Our best shot is obviously the Redskins beating the Titans and then the Titans beating the Colts as mentioned by DB. The Titans have only lost once at home this season, to us. 

Your point about the Skins' line is also good DB. Stopping the Titan's run game and putting MM on the ground will go a long way.

10 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Marcus Mariotta injured. If Blaine Gabbert starts the rest of the game, the upset becomes even more likely.

imo they relied too much om Mariotta passing the ball. I think this could actually help them as they are forced to go to Henry and short passing to Davis to move the sticks.

1 hour ago, Danand said:

imo they relied too much om Mariotta passing the ball. I think this could actually help them as they are forced to go to Henry and short passing to Davis to move the sticks.

True. One things for sure. With all these injuries, the Titans beating the Colts next week becomes even less likely. This isn’t looking good.

Basically down to us winning out and the Steelers losing one of their remaining games (likely tomorrow at the Saints)

There are some scenarios where we aren't out of the running if we lose tonight though - Jags beat Phins, GIants beat Indy this week and Indy beats Titans next week works if we win in Week 17 is one

Archived