DreamKid

4 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

We're in!

The Road will be:

Rivers in Baltimore

Brady in New England

Mahomes in Kansas City

Brees Neutral 

We absolutely can add a 3rd ring this year.

I'm less confident about Brees being there now, but the others I'm sure about.

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

We're in!

The Road will be:

Rivers in Baltimore

Brady in New England

Mahomes in Kansas City

Brees Neutral 

We absolutely can add a 3rd ring this year.

The good thing is that all of those QBs lack mobility, which has been the Achilles  heel of this defense to this point. That and speedy wide receiver options. Our defense matches up well (as well as you can match up to elite QBs) against those QBs.

The problem therein lies with the Chargers great defense. They likely saw what the Browns did to adjust to our run offense in this game late and I’m sure they will use that to enhance their stout run defense. It will be difficult to win against that defense for sure.

The good thing though is we’ve got a west coast team traveling east, hopefully we get the early game to really throw off their internal clocks.

EDIT: Well Mahomes has mobility, but more so referring to Rivers and Brady.

16 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

KC will get lowest seed.

There’s some likelihood that if we beat the Chargers, it could be Mahomes second. If the Texans beat the Colts, then we would be the lowest seed.

That said, I don’t know who I’d rather see the Colts or the Chiefs. Both have mobile QBs that can pick us apart. Both have fast receivers that can get open. Both have TEs that can expose coverage. But Kansas City has a bottom defense (generally) while the Colts have a really good defense.

That said, we get a home game against the Colts. All in all, I’m not sure which I prefer.

7 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

That said, we get a home game against the Colts. All in all, I’m not sure which I prefer.

The only game that really claws at me is that lurking KC Away game. That Chris Moore play should've been DPI, which would've changed things. Overall though, it's hard to see them not playing better against us the 2nd time. They seemed a bit off that day and we lucked out with Hill being sidelined for stretches. Nothing will likely ever match the hell that was the "Mile High Miracle", but that game against the Chiefs could be our 2018-2019 Olympus. 

11 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

There’s some likelihood that if we beat the Chargers, it could be Mahomes second. If the Texans beat the Colts, then we would be the lowest seed.

That said, I don’t know who I’d rather see the Colts or the Chiefs. Both have mobile QBs that can pick us apart. Both have fast receivers that can get open. Both have TEs that can expose coverage. But Kansas City has a bottom defense (generally) while the Colts have a really good defense.

If the Colts win then we play the Patriots in the 2nd round, not the Colts. 

33 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

If the Colts win then we play the Patriots in the 2nd round, not the Colts. 

I’m talking the long game.

LAC@ BAL

BAL@NE

IND@BAL

The Colts matchup well enough against the Texans. Weak secondary for Luck to exploit, quality OL to protect against the Texans pass rush. They could certainly beat the Texans.

So if that happens, you’ve got Luck and the Colts traveling to Kansas City to take on the Chiefs. I’d give the edge to the Chiefs in that matchup, but if the Chiefs defense decides to fall apart, Luck could certainly have a shot to take them out. My scenario wasn’t about the divisional round, but the AFCCG.

After finally seeing the Colts play, I definitely think they’re more beatable than what some of the hype has said. The biggest problem is that no matter who we play in the AFCCG (assuming we make it of course) that QB will have serious mobility. So there’s definitely not going to be any “easy” road. Was simply speculating which road might be the “easiest”.

3 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

I’m talking the long game.

LAC@ BAL

BAL@NE

IND@BAL

The Colts matchup well enough against the Texans. Weak secondary for Luck to exploit, quality OL to protect against the Texans pass rush. They could certainly beat the Texans.

So if that happens, you’ve got Luck and the Colts traveling to Kansas City to take on the Chiefs. I’d give the edge to the Chiefs in that matchup, but if the Chiefs defense decides to fall apart, Luck could certainly have a shot to take them out. My scenario wasn’t about the divisional round, but the AFCCG.

After finally seeing the Colts play, I definitely think they’re more beatable than what some of the hype has said. The biggest problem is that no matter who we play in the AFCCG (assuming we make it of course) that QB will have serious mobility. So there’s definitely not going to be any “easy” road. Was simply speculating which road might be the “easiest”.

Gotcha. I think if we see the Colts in Baltimore rather than the Chiefs in Kansas City for the Championship game, that would be a great scenario. 

I think the worst outcome by far is having to play the Chiefs in KC in rd 2. I would much prefer the Colts beat the Texans so we can go to Foxboro in rd 2. And I agree, there is a strong possibility that happens. 

12 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Watching this Colts game, I definitely think we can run against this defense. Our corners matchup well with their receivers, but I’m sure the refs won’t allow our guys to play as physical as we would like either.

Though we’ll see.

Yea, I think we could go over 250 on them tbh. I see Gus slashing them over and over.

Remember our preseason game against them?

I mean you can't go 100% with that, or even 60%, but let's just say a Home AFC Championship against them isn't going to give me a bad night's sleep.

16 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Watching this Colts game, I definitely think we can run against this defense. Our corners matchup well with their receivers, but I’m sure the refs won’t allow our guys to play as physical as we would like either.

Though we’ll see.

Somehow I feel the chargers is our worst matchup due to their defense. I would have more confidence against the other teams

Archived