Report: John Harbaugh, Ravens Set for 'Mutual Parting of Ways' After 2018

DigInBoys

3 hours ago, theJ said:

Yeah i mean, it's incredible hard to even win 8 games in the NFL.  I think Harbaugh is actually probably a pretty good HC, given the personnel he's had to work with on offense the last few years.  I'd swap him with ol' Marv straight up.

But instead we're getting Hue :(

Our offense hasn't been winning us games for the past 6 years. It's consistently been the defense, and moreover the talent we've continuously been stockpiling on that side of the ball year in and year out.

7 hours ago, ET80 said:

Wild prediction - Ray Lewis comes in to coach. All film study is replaced by watching highlight reels of Ray leveling Eddie George in the hole during that epic AFCCG (from every concievable angle). Ray becomes the first HC to play snaps on ST as a gunner. He also becomes the first HC to drop an album that he recorded during games (that seems like a Ray thing to do). Patrolling the sidelines wearing a white fur coat with the sleeves cut off, Ray goes 12-4 as a HC; but he is eventually suspended for life after placing a bounty on Baker Mayfield... then collecting said bounty by spearing Mayfield after the post game handshake.

(Mayfield misses a game, but comes back the following weekend to drop 3 TDs and a very gratuitous crotch chop on the Bengals).

I could get down with this since it would probably go one of two ways: Ditka or Singletary, with maybe a smattering of Tom Cable.  But I'm not sure I could endure a 3-hour-long Ray Lewis press conference.  Every presser would be his neverending HOF speech all over again.

On 11/15/2018 at 4:01 PM, BayRaider said:

Ravens actually had a clause with the NFL that since they are the original Cleveland Browns, they can take the new Browns roster any time they wish up to one time. They will be trading rosters in the off season.

No no no, other way around. Anything the Ravens achieved in the first 20 years in Baltimore actually belongs to the Cleveland Browns. It was a note in small font at the bottom of Art Modells paperwork that went unnoticed when he signed the documents to steal our team. They are basically the Cleveland Ravens that play offsite in Baltimore for the past 20 years, the 1999-2016 Browns were just the NFLs farm team. Its all square now that we have our QB1 but thanks for those SBs!! :) Ed Reed and Ray Lewis will go down in Cleveland Browns lore as two of the greats in Browns team history

On 11/16/2018 at 10:29 AM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Our offense hasn't been winning us games for the past 6 years. It's consistently been the defense, and moreover the talent we've continuously been stockpiling on that side of the ball year in and year out.

Sounds like a front office problem for never addressing any skill positions on offense for the past 5+ years. I feel like they relied on Flacco being really good to elevate average players on offense so that they could focus on defense with damn near all of their high picks. Problem is, Flacco is not that type of QB so its just an offense filled with a bunch of JAGs. That can't all be on Harbaugh.

On 11/16/2018 at 7:12 AM, ET80 said:

Wild prediction - Ray Lewis comes in to coach. All film study is replaced by watching highlight reels of Ray leveling Eddie George in the hole during that epic AFCCG (from every concievable angle). Ray becomes the first HC to play snaps on ST as a gunner. He also becomes the first HC to drop an album that he recorded during games (that seems like a Ray thing to do). Patrolling the sidelines wearing a white fur coat with the sleeves cut off, Ray goes 12-4 as a HC; but he is eventually suspended for life after placing a bounty on Baker Mayfield... then collecting said bounty by spearing Mayfield after the post game handshake.

(Mayfield misses a game, but comes back the following weekend to drop 3 TDs and a very gratuitous crotch chop on the Bengals).

Then Ben cashes in his Money in the Bank and the Steelers win the division. 

This would be the first time in 11 years that an AFC North team other than the Browns changes head coaches.

There have been moments where I thought Marvin Lewis should have been fired, including after how they lost that one playoff game to Pittsburgh a few years back.

The fact that three AFC North teams stuck with their coaches for so long while the Browns were constantly changing coaches is saying something.

17 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Sounds like a front office problem for never addressing any skill positions on offense for the past 5+ years. I feel like they relied on Flacco being really good to elevate average players on offense so that they could focus on defense with damn near all of their high picks. Problem is, Flacco is not that type of QB so its just an offense filled with a bunch of JAGs. That can't all be on Harbaugh.

It's definitely not all on Harbaugh and you are exactly right with what the org seemingly expected Flacco to do. Problem is, we've also had several very high draft picks fail out and Harbaugh has indeed been a major part of that problem, along with a major part in the problem of hiring bad coordinators and staying with bad coaches.

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It's definitely not all on Harbaugh and you are exactly right with what the org seemingly expected Flacco to do. Problem is, we've also had several very high draft picks fail out and Harbaugh has indeed been a major part of that problem, along with a major part in the problem of hiring bad coordinators and staying with bad coaches.

Whoever is responsible for never giving Alex Collins the ball and trying to make any other RB on that roster a thing, should be fired lol An angel loses its wings in heaven every time Collins gets subbed out for Buck Allen and whoever Edwards is.

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Whoever is responsible for never giving Alex Collins the ball and trying to make any other RB on that roster a thing, should be fired lol An angel loses its wings in heaven every time Collins gets subbed out for Buck Allen and whoever Edwards is.

Today it made sense though because Gus is a downhill runner and Collins likes to run sideways and juke. However, in the past I agree with you that not giving Collins carries in favor of Buck Allen is just insane.

Archived