Jordy Nelson announces retirement

riceman80

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

It's just pretend.  He's really angling for a release from the Raiders so he can re-sign with the Packers, solve our red zone problems and go on a Super Bowl run with the Packers. 

If Gruden was any sort of decent he'd let him go if he wanted keep playing

Enjoy retirement, Jordy. Unfortunate ending to his career.

Do you guys think he makes it on the first ballot, or is he one of those guys who don't get in? He did play for one of the more recognizable franchises, but he can't get away with more mediocre numbers at a place like Pittsburgh for example.

3 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Enjoy retirement, Jordy. Unfortunate ending to his career.

Do you guys think he makes it on the first ballot, or is he one of those guys who don't get in? He did play for one of the more recognizable franchises, but he can't get away with more mediocre numbers at a place like Pittsburgh for example.

I dont think he gets in. He was great but he was only premier for bout 5 years(aside from ACL tear year). That said, he had some dominant seasons(2011, 14, and 16) and he has a ring from a Super Bowl where he was huge.

The Raiders started the season with Amari Cooper, Jordy Nelson and Martavis Bryant, and were anticipated to be one of the better, if not the best, WR corps in the league.

Now?    

Amari Cooper = traded
Jordy Nelson = retired
Martavis Bryant = Probably going to IR, and not that good anyway

Raiders fans have to be sick.

2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

The Raiders started the season with Amari Cooper, Jordy Nelson and Martavis Bryant, and were anticipated to be one of the better, if not the best, WR corps in the league.

Now?    

Amari Cooper = traded
Jordy Nelson = retired
Martavis Bryant = Probably going to IR, and not that good anyway

Raiders fans have to be sick.

And Cooper and Nelson were good until Gruden decided "nah screw it I don't need this ready built offense".

Can't wait till they trade Carr for peanuts.

4 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Jordy, you deserved better.

Absolutely!  Almost every Packers fan was super unhappy to see him go.  We really low balled him.  IMO it was shameful.   I like our new kids but Jordy's leadership is sorely missing on this team right now.   :(  I do wish him well.  Knowing how smart he is I'll bet he has managed his money well and will be set for life.

Archived