Jordy Nelson announces retirement

riceman80

2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

The Raiders started the season with Amari Cooper, Jordy Nelson and Martavis Bryant, and were anticipated to be one of the better, if not the best, WR corps in the league.

Now?    

Amari Cooper = traded
Jordy Nelson = retired
Martavis Bryant = Probably going to IR, and not that good anyway

Raiders fans have to be sick.

Eh we went 6-10 last year with all our "foundational pieces". This team needs an organizational rework from the ground up, especially when all your draft picks bust except for from one year. 

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Eh we went 6-10 last year with all our "foundational pieces". This team needs an organizational rework from the ground up, especially when all your draft picks bust except for from one year. 

And what better person to do it than Gruden who's proven he has no clue how to operate as a GM. Doesn't have an eye for talent and shown no actual skill in developing players.

8 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Enjoy retirement, Jordy. Unfortunate ending to his career.

Do you guys think he makes it on the first ballot, or is he one of those guys who don't get in? He did play for one of the more recognizable franchises, but he can't get away with more mediocre numbers at a place like Pittsburgh for example.

Nelson isn't a HOF player. :)

5 hours ago, Pugger said:

Absolutely!  Almost every Packers fan was super unhappy to see him go.  We really low balled him.  IMO it was shameful.   I like our new kids but Jordy's leadership is sorely missing on this team right now.   :(  I do wish him well.  Knowing how smart he is I'll bet he has managed his money well and will be set for life.

All True Pugger.

If the rumors prove true, Jordy will likely go back to the family farm in Kansas:

Jordy on Farming

I’d hope the Packers bring him back for “the one-day contract” so he can retire a Green Bay Packer.

5 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Is Nelson even allowed to sign a one day contract with GB to retire a Packer?

He's signed with OAK thru 2019. So I guess they could retain some rights until he's gone for good (filing his retirement papers with the league?) - and not pulling a quick retirement in order to get released from his contract - then resign with another team (if so inclined).

Once he's free and clear of all obligations - yes - he could sign the one day deal. Other players have done it.

18 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Is Nelson even allowed to sign a one day contract with GB to retire a Packer?

no, unless the raiders release him, which IMO they should do
it will be hard to attract FAs this offseason, show that we still will look out for players best interests

Archived