Rumor: Raider Player to Retire (Jordy Nelson?)

RaidersAreOne

8 hours ago, riceman80 said:

Tbh, Jalen Richard is our #1 receiver now

He will be smart and continue to do what he has been doing.  No point in holding onto the ball too long and getting annihilated, he'll just check down.  As much as uneducated fans want to rip him "go deep" or can't understand why his yards per attempt are so low, just watch one quarter of Oakland Raider football and you'll understand.  

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

He will be smart and continue to do what he has been doing.  No point in holding onto the ball too long and getting annihilated, he'll just check down.  As much as uneducated fans want to rip him "go deep" or can't understand why his yards per attempt are so low, just watch one quarter of Oakland Raider football and you'll understand.  

Sure but his yards/attempt have always been low, even when our oline was much better in pass pro. His yards/att is actually the best in his career this season but that's because his completion percentage is the highest it's ever been.

4 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

Sure but his yards/attempt have always been low, even when our oline was much better in pass pro. His yards/att is actually the best in his career this season but that's because his completion percentage is the highest it's ever been.

I still believe in Carr. @Frankie2Gunz I agree with you.

From The Athletic Article:

Derek’s taking a lot of **** right now,” Davis said. ”He is the franchise quarterback right now. He doesn’t have Amari Cooper. He lost Bryant to a knee injury today. Guys have been getting hurt. Who’s he throwing to? Jordy Nelson and Seth Roberts, which are good guys. But they’re not putting the fear of God in anybody. 

“The tight end (Jared Cook) is playing his *** off. You look at the quarterback and he’s playing behind a battered offensive line … so I don’t know what you can put on Derek and I don’t think it’s fair to put all the blame on him.”

Here's Kurt Warner last week:

:S

8 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I still believe in Carr. @Frankie2Gunz I agree with you.

From The Athletic Article:

Derek’s taking a lot of **** right now,” Davis said. ”He is the franchise quarterback right now. He doesn’t have Amari Cooper. He lost Bryant to a knee injury today. Guys have been getting hurt. Who’s he throwing to? Jordy Nelson and Seth Roberts, which are good guys. But they’re not putting the fear of God in anybody. 

“The tight end (Jared Cook) is playing his *** off. You look at the quarterback and he’s playing behind a battered offensive line … so I don’t know what you can put on Derek and I don’t think it’s fair to put all the blame on him.”

Here's Kurt Warner last week:

:S

Are we saying the players are around them are similar, how hard it is to throw a TD or 3 against the 49ers D, or just how hard it is to lead a game winning drive to beat them.  The last part is pretty hard when you have a tendency to throw the ball away on 4th down.  Using Eli as an example to defend Carr is not a good choice right now.  At least Mullens was held in check.  I guess there is a huge gap between 31 and 32 this year.

11 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Are we saying the players are around them are similar, how hard it is to throw a TD or 3 against the 49ers D, or just how hard it is to lead a game winning drive to beat them.  The last part is pretty hard when you have a tendency to throw the ball away on 4th down.  Using Eli as an example to defend Carr is not a good choice right now.  At least Mullens was held in check.  I guess there is a huge gap between 31 and 32 this year.

Yeah it’s OBJ and Sequan Barkley. 

Archived