2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

I’d like to see Sheldon Richardson, Shaq Barrett, and the best safety we can sign(obviously Thomas or Collins would be ideal.)

We could use an offensive lineman if we move on from Bulaga and Bell. 

Also, while MVS and ESB look promising, I think they need a shifty/fast slot receiver. 

1 minute ago, Victor1124 said:

I’d like to see Sheldon Richardson, Shaq Barrett, and the best safety we can sign(obviously Thomas or Collins would be ideal.)

We could use an offensive lineman if we move on from Bulaga and Bell. 

Also, while MVS and ESB look promising, I think they need a shifty/fast slot receiver. 

It's the holiday season - ask for a partridge in a pear tree too

6 minutes ago, cannondale said:

It's the holiday season - ask for a partridge in a pear tree too

Haha I do think Gutes is going to spend some money in free agency.  Being more realistic, I could see two quality free agents signed on the defensive side of the ball. 

I think any OL or the shifty slot wideout I mentioned would be cheaper free agent signings. 

6 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

spriggs looks fine if we are ready to move on from Bulaga

I thought the same thing last night.  He finally looked like an NFL lineman.  Only he may have some upside left in him.  The question becomes...can Bulaga transition to right guard?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MNPackfan32 said:

Spriggs improved at the end of last year too. He was becoming decent before his injury. I won't call him great or anything, but he has made improvements and looks like a guy who belongs in the NFL.

Yeah I agree.

If he settles on RT long term I think we are ok there.  Has some upside and athleticism for the outside zone blocking runs that Bulaga doesn't have as well.

49 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

spriggs looks fine if we are ready to move on from Bulaga

42 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I thought the same thing last night.  He finally looked like an NFL lineman.  Only he may have some upside left in him.  The question becomes...can Bulaga transition to right guard?

40 minutes ago, Striker said:

I was pleasantly surprised by him not being a disaster.

32 minutes ago, MNPackfan32 said:

Spriggs improved at the end of last year too. He was becoming decent before his injury. I won't call him great or anything, but he has made improvements and looks like a guy who belongs in the NFL.

30 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Yeah I agree.

If he settles on RT long term I think we are ok there.  Has some upside and athleticism for the outside zone blocking runs that Bulaga doesn't have as well.

I thought his stance looked different.  Like he worked really hard on dropping his butt and keeping his back straight.  He looked a lot like Bulaga out there.  More balanced.  Given another year of strength training and I think he could be a competent right tackle.  

I quoted all of these because it is by far the first time there has been this much GOOD said about him at any one time.  :)

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 11:30 AM, FinneasGage said:

Which of our FA's do you think has more value? I'm not saying he's a priority, but we really have nobody that we have to re-sign? 

I would agree, that will give Gute a lot of freedom to fill the roster spots.

4 hours ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

If Bulaga's knee is OK, I'd consider moving him to right G now and letting Spriggs play tackle. Got to get the 5 best on the field. Keeps Rodgers safer too. Bell is a disaster, a minor disaster,, but a disaster. And McCray can't beat him out. Bulaga to G!

That's a pretty good idea. I wouldn't mind seeing it.

Taylor is clearly athletically deficient back there. 

Before this week he was going up against Buckner and Donald who may be the two best DTs in the NFL this season. You expect a guy like Taylor to give up something there. He coudln't hang against the Patriots either, which is room for concern. 

Give Ted both of those fourth round picks to spend at G IMO.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Taylor is clearly athletically deficient back there. 

Before this week he was going up against Buckner and Donald who may be the two best DTs in the NFL this season. You expect a guy like Taylor to give up something there. He coudln't hang against the Patriots either, which is room for concern. 

Give Ted both of those fourth round picks to spend at G IMO.

I wonder what type of player Cole Madison is/would be. I hope the best for him personally, but there's no doubt his absence has been a little tough. Just a situation to use a pick and get 0 and have no clue what it's going to look like going forward.